CrazyEngineers
  • Hello all ,

I will be very greatful if anyone suggest a good book of mathematics first year. One should consider some points in mind:-

1. It should be approved by AICTE
    2. It should be preferrable of UPTU syllabus
    3. It should have sharp focus on differential & integral

Regards,

vibhor_one
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorFeb 1, 2007

vibhor_one
    Hello all ,

I will be very greatful if anyone suggest a good book of mathematics first year. One should consider some points in mind:-

1. It should be approved by AICTE
    2. It should be preferrable of UPTU syllabus
    3. It should have sharp focus on differential & integral

Regards,

vibhor_one
    I'm not sure if following books will satisfy above conditions, but might be helpful to you :-

1. Advanced Engineering Mathematics :by R.K. Jain & S.R.K. Lyengar
    2. Applied Mathematics Vol-I :by P.N. Wartikar & J.N. Wartikar
    3. Higher Engg. Mathematics :by Dr. B.S. Grewal
    4. Engineering Mathematics :by Shrivastva

-The Big K-
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • vibhor_one

MemberFeb 3, 2007

The_Big_K
    I'm not sure if following books will satisfy above conditions, but might be helpful to you :-

1. Advanced Engineering Mathematics :by R.K. Jain & S.R.K. Lyengar
    2. Applied Mathematics Vol-I :by P.N. Wartikar & J.N. Wartikar
    3. Higher Engg. Mathematics :by Dr. B.S. Grewal
    4. Engineering Mathematics :by Shrivastva

-The Big K-
    Thank you Big K for your precious suggestions but I got a book CALCULUS by Thomas Finney 9th Edition.

Regards,

vibhor_one
    Cancel
  • trekfan

MemberFeb 4, 2007

I don't know if this falls under all your criteria, but I use Calculus for Engineers by Donald Trim (Who happens to be my math prof this year). It's on the third edition, although I hear he is working on the 4th. I used it for Calc 1 and 2 in first year and Math Methods for Engineers 1 and 2 in second year, and it is an excellent book with plenty of examples and problems.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorFeb 5, 2007

trekfan
    I don't know if this falls under all your criteria, but I use Calculus for Engineers by Donald Trim (Who happens to be my math prof this year). It's on the third edition, although I hear he is working on the 4th. I used it for Calc 1 and 2 in first year and Math Methods for Engineers 1 and 2 in second year, and it is an excellent book with plenty of examples and problems.
    Wow, Donald Trim! Trekfan, drop me a mail whenever you have free time at [admin] at [crazyengineers] dot [com] 😁

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • vibhor_one

MemberFeb 6, 2007

trekfan
    Hi Mr. Trekfan,

It is my pleasure to read you, sir I would be very greatful if you tell more books written by him.

Regards,

vibhor_one
    Cancel
  • trekfan

MemberFeb 7, 2007

vibhor_one
    Hi Mr. Trekfan,

It is my pleasure to read you, sir I would be very greatful if you tell more books written by him.

Regards,

vibhor_one
    Thanks. Calculus for Engineers and the solutions manual for it are the only ones I have used, but I do know that there are few more. A quick internet search shows Calculus for Engineers, Calculus and Analytic Geometry, Single Variable Calculus, Calculus, Multi Variable Calculus, Applied Partial Differential Equations, and Introduction to Complex Analysys and its Applications.

I hope this helps

-Trekfan
    Cancel
  • vibhor_one

MemberFeb 7, 2007

trekfan
    Thanks. Calculus for Engineers and the solutions manual for it are the only ones I have used, but I do know that there are few more. A quick internet search shows Calculus for Engineers, Calculus and Analytic Geometry, Single Variable Calculus, Calculus, Multi Variable Calculus, Applied Partial Differential Equations, and Introduction to Complex Analysys and its Applications.

I hope this helps

-Trekfan
    Thanks Trekfan can you tell me the publications of above books.

Regards

vibhor_one
    Cancel
  • shivam007

MemberJun 23, 2008

i heard that Thomas Finney calculus is a great book.
    can some one tell me its price/availability in uttar pradesh?
    Cancel
  • tasulisp

MemberNov 10, 2008

hi,
    i am lookin for a solution manual for heat transfer essential,
    do anybody knows where i find it?
    thanks
    Cancel
  • night crawler

MemberMar 5, 2009

myself used Ervin Kreyszig's "engineering mathematics" & found it quite useful.
    Cancel
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla

MemberMar 5, 2009

Higher Engg. Mathematics :by Dr. B.S. Grewal is a good book , its a good book i have read it completely.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register