Wannabe Entrepreneurs: Is this the right time to start a new business?

CEans,

We've a huge number of wannabe entrepreneurs who are currently working with good companies. Do you think the recession is the right time to quit your job and start your own company? A small business maybe?

Or should you wait until the things get well, economy recovers?

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Though I am a student😉,I want to put my point here...

If the entrepreneur working in good company means he or she won't miss this recession time...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anyone wants to say something here? 😛
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Its the best time to start with,

Reason :- You will find people with good skills in very low rates (as unemployment is at its peak compines are doing layoffs in tons). Also If you are among the layoffs... Think that God is indicating that you should start with your new ideas.

Who knows we see the next WB or Tata from CE.

-CE
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @CB: Just matter of few more months. Crazy Engineers from around the world - impossible is nothing 😉
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I was a 'wannabe entrepreneur' earlier. Now I own a company. Although it is only about a week old, I had put in effort to start my own company since last 1 year. While most might argue recession time is bad to start a business, and some might argue otherwise.

I have a neutral view. Becoming an entrepreneur is a dream come true for most. But doing actual business can not be a part of the dream, at least for startups. As a businessman, you are essentially a supplier or goods, services or experience to people who need it. It is important that you do business in the areas where demand exists and where the demand is likely to hold strong for few years without making much modification to your product/service.

Makes sense?
  • YourTechMate
    YourTechMate
    I believe if someone has lost job due to recession, there is no other option but to start something new on his own.

Second scenario, If someone is already in job and has a gr8 business idea. There no wrong time to start it. Its always the right time. All that is required is the business should be based on basic necessities during RECESSION TIMES. Not on luxuries.

As the customers will shift their focus from luxuries to basic things.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    IF you want and can start ...
    then start!! even in recession as CB said we can get people with great skills .
  • Sarah Johnson
    Sarah Johnson
    WE ARE!!!! Wish us luck! I think the time is now for this for sure!
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    I agree with CrazyBoy its a good time...

And even my 2 friends have started 2 Cad service providing companies...

Its best time

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tell me the names of IT companies in chandigarh or in mohali ,India that help me to work on live projects in ASP.Net.
Give Guidance Preparing for GATE exam.
Wouldn't you know it? That leaked Garmin Oregon 500 is indeed a real, bona fide product, and it's on sale now for argonauts over in the UK. The outdoorsy navigator...
Can any one explain me about 'how the Two level hand-off algorithm is used in delaying a hand-off'?
This thread is dedicated to Palm Pre Fans. Visit official webiste: Palm Pre Phone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA Features: Palm® webOS™ 3G EVDO Rev A 3.1-inch touch...