wana make solar powered car

I wanna make a solar powered car. I've heard that its cost is just 15000 Rs in market. Can some engineers here help me build one of my own? I am looking forward to all sorts of help here.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Any homework done on current cost of solar panels battery and the prime mover?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vivsk65
    its cost is just 15000rs
    That's a good idea. What's stopping you from working on your project?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    I too once worked upon a similar project, and the budget allotted to us was rupees one lakh. just describe your problem in detail, and i will help you out.
  • vivsk65
    vivsk65
    I have a problm to give the power. Is that should be give to one wheel or both two rear wheel.
  • vivsk65
    vivsk65
    how it will be for my college project.
  • vivsk65
    vivsk65
    The_Big_K
    That's a good idea. What's stopping you from working on your project?
    Actuly i could not calculate the amount of solar panel to power a 48 volt dcmotor
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    vivsk65
    Actuly i could not calculate the amount of solar panel to power a 48 volt dcmotor
    I suggest that you first generate a design brief for the hardware. Without it, it is difficult to know what to calculate even. The brief should include all technical specs like dead weight, payload, max speed, range, H.P. and such.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Before you do anything, you got to sit with your team-mates and and define a rough concept, that is what components you will use, the overall dimensions of the car, the maximum speed, the number of seats, the maximum payload etc. then you can get into the details.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    vivsk65
    I have a problm to give the power. Is that should be give to one wheel or both two rear wheel.
    actually power has to be given to both the wheels via the differential.
  • vivsk65
    vivsk65
    zaveri
    actually power has to be given to both the wheels via the differential.
    but than there is another problm to dessign differential system..and power loss will also be with this
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    One experimental car was made with an independent drive motor on each wheel. It could spin like a top. There is no link to this car.
    Here is another modern one:
    Shown in Paris: An Electric Car That’s Literally All Wheel Drive - The New York Times
    Some design details:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vivsk65
    vivsk65
    bioramani
    One experimental car was made with an independent drive motor on each wheel. It could spin like a top. There is no link to this car.
    Here is another modern one:
    Shown in Paris: An Electric Car That’s Literally All Wheel Drive - The New York Times
    Some design details:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    thankyou sir..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am wondering about my carrier. I have done B.tech with Computer Science in 2011. at that time i didn't get a job in my field due to academic...
WiBit.net provides you basic to core knowledge of C, C++, Obj-C & Java. This application is not free. But I have found it very useful when you want to clear...
I've tried recording them at my home. I've a little recording setup that I built in-house.
I recently came across a new browser based strategy game called Vinashi. Has any one tried this? It is a MMO (massively multiplayer online) set in the land of ancient...
In generator cicuit,if rated current of generator is let suppose 18 amps then we will use generally 20amps fuse,but in case of motor why do we use fuse of rating...