Volvo Aero - Aquisition by GKN; July 5th 2012

On Thursday July 5th 2012, British engineering group - GKN; has signed on an acquisition agreement for Swedish rival Volvo AB's aerospace division 'Volvo Aero' at 6.9 billion Swedish kronor ($995 million).

This acquisition is one of the biggest acquisition by GKN and this would bring together GKN Aerospace's in composition with Volvo Aero's strength in metallic technology. That would pull in customers focused on lightweight, high-performance engines.

-CB

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am a B.tech final year student of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. I have done a short time training on PLC, and I want to do an internship under...
Volkswagen means "people's car" in German. Volkswagen Group, which also owns the Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Ducati, Lamborghini and SEAT is on the verge of taking full control of the storied...
CEO of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Inc. Mr. Scott Thompson said, Hertz is "getting closer" to win the Federal Trade Commission approval of a proposed merger with Dollar Thrifty. Second...
Premier soccer club Manchester United F.C. is all set to offer initial public offering (IPO). The premier club plans to list on the New York Stock Exchange as once again...
i hear a lot about smart grids and industries that they are using wifi networks for communication and controlling devices instead of cables. why are they using Wifi instead of...