Vodafone 4G Service In Delhi NCR Begins In December On 1800 MHz Band

Vodafone India has promised to roll out 4G services in Delhi by December. The service will be expanded to cover the NCR region viz. Noida, Ghaziabad and Gurgaon over the course of time. The company said that it's invested to the tune of Rs. 350 crores to upgrade their existing infrastructure to support the high speed voice and data network.

Apoorva Malhotra, the head of business for the Delhi NCR region informed the media that the service will be launched in the superior 1800 MHz frequency band. The key areas of Delhi and NCR region will be the first ones to get the 4G coverage and other areas will be addressed in a phased manner. Malhotra did not provide a timeline for the complete coverage across Delhi.

The Delhi NCR region is indeed an important geography for Vodafone. The area accounts for about 30% of company's revenue from Data. The company said that the usage in the region is growing by almost 50% year on year for Vodafone.

Just few days ago, Vodafone had declared that it will roll out Vodafone 4G In Mumbai By December 2015 by the same time frame. The company has already began testing its network in both the regions and is likely to announce the 4G service plans.

Vodafone-Delhi-4G-December

As of now, Airtel offers the maximum 4G coverage all over India, including Delhi. Other prominent network operators in India too have vowed to launch their 4G networks in various parts of India by 2016 including the heavyweight Reliance Jio; which is expected to start its pan-India rollout by December this year.

No doubt the 4G markets in India are going to witness stiff competition from leading telecom services providers. It's likely that this competition will lead to price wars, benefiting the end users.

While all the major operators prepare to launch 4G services, their struggle has become more challenging with TRAI asking them to What do you think about TRAI decision to compensate users for call drops? with Rs. 1 for each call drop. Do share your views and opinions with us.

Source: Airtel’s biggest rival to launch 4G service in Delhi-NCR by Dec 2015 | Business Insider India

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Dudes, I'm currently working on a project where i'm using Ni-chrome wire as a heating element. I stuck in a place where I cannot exactly find the increase in...
For years, Segways have been the toys of the financially elite who want to look cool avoiding walking on their feet. The two-wheeled, self-balancing, battery-powered electric vehicle has always been...
The big problem with whatsapp is that it auto-downloads all the videos and photos and even the audio clips forwarded by people to the group. Even if you are not...
Let's make a collection of the most frequently asked questions in MBA interviews. It might help a student who is browsing the internet a week or two before the actual...
Australian University RMIT's Alumnus Dr. James Waldie is an aerospace engineer and a senior research associate, who has designed a new space-suit that is inspired by famous Australian sprinter Cathy...