Virus in pendrive

I have got a worm in my pendrive which prevents deletion of any files in the pendrive. Cant format it either. Any help?

Replies

• komputergeek
    komputergeek
    Try using attrib command..

attrib * -s -h
  • sirijagan
    sirijagan
    Try formatting it in command promt. format x: (where x is the drive alphabet.) before doing that, perform CHKDSK
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    pseudo,
    Do one thing ...use mcafee antivirus to treat the worm...else format in low level by restarting into safe mode using command prompt & then try to format same
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    pseudo
    I have got a worm in my pendrive which prevents deletion of any files in the pendrive. Cant format it either. Any help?
    Try to format this using Linux System.

-Crazy
  • arunhero99
    arunhero99
    yeah....linux idea seems super 2 me also...
  • shakeeb_shuweb
    shakeeb_shuweb
    first of all backup the imortant data available in pendrive and install Mcafee Antivirus Enterprise edition which can be collected from friends circle if available. Format the pendrive either using WindowXP or Command prompt commands.

If u want to prevent your dat getting affected from those harmful worms n viruses use compressed zip folder in pendrive to store data rather than usin normal folder. The compresses zip folders can be affected by viruses and the data stored in them will be secure n safe..........

Good luck.....!!!
  • pseudo
    pseudo
    just2rock
    pseudo,
    Do one thing ...use mcafee antivirus to treat the worm...else format in low level by restarting into safe mode using command prompt & then try to format same
    what exactly do you mean by format in low level??

@sirijagan

tried formatting through dos but it gives the same error that comes while normal formatting 'disk is write protected'

haven't tried linux yet. what is the command to format in linux?
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    in linux no program can be executed with out commands.
    so, virus is nothing but a executable program with malicious output like formatting the remaining content in the pen drive, etc.
    so, u can open the pen drive and simply delete the file containing the virus.
    i think there is no format option in linux
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Raviteja.g
    in linux no program can be executed with out commands.
    so, virus is nothing but a executable program with malicious output like formatting the remaining content in the pen drive, etc.
    so, u can open the pen drive and simply delete the file containing the virus.
    i think there is no format option in linux
    You are right buddy !!

There is no such option named as format in Linux. You can simply open the pen drive and delete all the files containing virus in Linux Box.

-
  • pseudo
    pseudo
    Tried in linux. Getting the same error. files cannot be deleted as they are read only. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    pseudo
    Tried in linux. Getting the same error. files cannot be deleted as they are read only. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
    In Linux we do have option to delete the files forcefully, if you are logging in using admin account.

-Crazy
  • pseudo
    pseudo
    crazyboy
    In Linux we do have option to delete the files forcefully, if you are logging in using admin account.

-Crazy
    I tried deleting the files forcefully

sudo rm -f filename ----> doesn't work

Tried changing the file permissions

chmod ugo+rwx filename

and then deleting it

rm -f filename ---> gives the same error.. Cannot remove file: read only file system
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    pseudo,
    if you are using Ubuntu Linux then give a right click and change permissions of file access as "create and delete files" then save the permissions and then delete it any virus can be removed in Linux.
    hope it will work.
  • pseudo
    pseudo
    @Raviteja.g
    doesn't work. have tried almost everything now except breaking the pendrive ๐Ÿ˜‰. Is there any way to do it from the hardware?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Alrighty, This is for all you CEans who use firefox. This is the thread to brainstorm ideas for the firefox extension(toolbar). basically how it should look, what will be it's...
the line shuld be thick(5 line thickness)..tats wat i wat to kno..anybody submit d applet program for thi...๐Ÿ˜•
hi i need dijkstra shortest path in java applet animation.......๐Ÿ˜’
Hallo Can any body help me for repairing of motherboards. Is there any site providing with details.
need a device is there any device that can convert sound waves into electrical signals?