virtual memory

dear friends,
what is meant by virtual memory can anybody explain me.

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    If your RAM memory goone full or when your RAM is in overflow condition it take some memory of HDD to store data that memory is called virtual memory.
    Again data's are swapped from HDD to RAM when you RAM found some spaces.
    So you can say that virtual memory is a temporary memory(Not permanent).
    You must find some files in temp file(in c drive) which is the residue lefted by the data while virtual memory take place.
  • anandkumarjha
    anandkumarjha
    @mohit:can we say that virtual memory is the part of main memory or not??????
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    anandkumarjha
    @mohit:can we say that virtual memory is the part of main memory or not??????
    No anand virtual memory is not the part of the main memory.
    It's the part of HDD memory taken when your RAM is in overflow.
  • anandkumarjha
    anandkumarjha
    @mohit: thanks brother for clearing my concept.till now i was considering it as the part of main memory
  • gauthamgingee
    gauthamgingee
    thanx mohit 4 ur answer
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    @mohit : nice!
    Is there any limit for virtual memory?
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    sahithi pallavi
    @mohit : nice!
    Is there any limit for virtual memory?
    There is no limitation of Virtual Memory and it depends upon the size of hard disk.
    Operating System by default set the appropriate size of virtual memory but if we want more then we can change it but it does not make any sense because it unnecessarily takes some memory of HDD.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1.A person went to meet the politician on thursday.The politician was busy and told the person to come four days after the before day of the day after tomorrow..When did...
Urdhvaa, the national level technical extravaganza organized by MCET is an ode to stupendous growth made by science and technology over the years. With six departments encompassing myriad fields of...
What is the basic concept bahind the artificial naural network?
My final year BE project is silencer design and optimization Ofcourse passive control. Reactive type silencer (non dissipative). One which uses tubular elements n creates impedance mismatch. Now the point...
One of my friend has brought an OS named as 'opensuse'. It is an OS of linux, but it is entirely different from others, it is not supporting either NTFS...