Virtual memory implementation

I just want to ask that when during os booting process only page files are made in the hard disk of the programs present,then if the virtual memory is made in c drive then will the page file not be made for the programs in d drive and can i make my virtual memory in more than 1 drive,then in that case which will be used for swapping in ans swapping out pages.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    In Linux, we give special partition for virtual memory known as 'Swap Area'. The Virtual memory doesn't reside in anyother partition. It is stand-alone partition. Also, you can't create multiple virtual memory.

I am now pretty much sure of the fact that either you're trolling or even after discussing this much you didn't understood what virtual memory/swap area really is.
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Abhishek Rawal
    In Linux, we give special partition for virtual memory known as 'Swap Area'. The Virtual memory doesn't reside in anyother partition. It is stand-alone partition. Also, you can't create multiple virtual memory.

I am now pretty much sure of the fact that either you're trolling or even after discussing this much you didn't understood what virtual memory/swap area really is.
    i am not trolling at all neither i have time to do so ,i studied it that we can make virtual memory in multiple drives but it would refer the one which is fastest one ,read this plz once
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    radha gogia
    i am not trolling at all neither i have time to do so ,i studied it that we can make virtual memory in multiple drives but it would refer the one which is fastest one ,read this plz once
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Ah! That's for Windows. Every OS handles virtual memory in its own specific way. Until now whatever I have wrote was solely based on Linux system. I don't do Windows or OS X.
  • radha gogia
    radha gogia
    Abhishek Rawal
    Ah! That's for Windows. Every OS handles virtual memory in its own specific way. Until now whatever I have wrote was solely based on Linux system. I don't do Windows or OS X.
    ya then u have not hurted smeones imagination by saying that i am trolling

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: It's been part of humanity's hygiene regimen for more than 4,000 years, but have you ever stopped to think what's actually in the stuff you're smearing across your teeth?...
OPPO Mobile India is here with the new iteration of their old smartphone by launching the OPPO Neo 3, a Dual SIM Android phone that's priced at Rs. 10,990. The...
Every party big or small requires music and if your budget is low, hiring a DJ to play the music isn’t an option. Keeping the budget conscious public in mind,...
XOLO India has come up with a new Android phone called the 'XOLO Play 8X-1100', the latest addition in the company's Play-series of smartphones targeted at gaming enthusiasts. Joining the...
I was reading a book the other day that got me thinking about how so many people are unable to take charge of their lives, (despite or due to) the...