Vijaya Dasami - Let us all start some new learning Activity

All CEans,
Tomorrow is Vijaya Dasami, the tenth day of Dasara. Traditionally it is the day when any new learning activity is started.

There is no religious significance. Persons of any religious persuasion (including atheists like me) can begin an activity. Let each one of us start something new tomorrow.

I want to start learning about ceramic coatings both for general applications and for bio medical applications.

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    A happy Vijayadashami to all. Vijayadashmi or Dasara is one of the 3.5 auspicious days of an year for Hindus when any activity started is believed to culminate in to success.

As Ramani sir say that we start something, I only pledge to focus on my GATE studies more seriously from Dasara.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Issue
    A happy Vijayadashami to all. Vijayadashmi or Dasara is one of the 3.5 auspicious days of an year for Hindus when any activity started is believed to culminate in to success.

As Ramani sir say that we start something, I only pledge to focus on my GATE studies more seriously from Dasara.
    Pray tell what the other 2.5 days are? 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    A Hindu calendar is a lunar calendar started by various Hindu kings upon their achievements. The commonly followed are the Vikram Shak or the calendar by Emperor Vikramaditya, Shalivahan shak by Emperor Shalivahan and the Rajyabhiskek Shak which is the latest established by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.

The days of any of these calendars remains the same only the year varies.

It means that the any day of vikramaditya shak= any day of shalivahan shak = any day of Rajyabhishek shak
    the present era i.e; presently 2068 vikramaditya shak, 1933 shalivahan shak and 337 rajyabhishek shak are going on.

Now the answer your question which are the three and a half Muhurts (auspicious days of Hindus) is:

1. Gudi Padwa (Chaitra Shukla Pratipada): It is the first day of Hindu calendar in the month of Chaitra usually comes in the month of month of April.

2. Akshay Tritiya( Vaishakh Shukla Tritiya) : It is the third day of second month (Vaishakh) of Hindu calendar. It is celebrated as a full day. Any business is started on this day is believed to be successful. Celebrated by Jains also.

3. Vijayadashami ( Ashwin Shukla Dashami): The tenth day of seventh month (Ashwin) of Hindu calendar. Celebrated full day.

4. Bali Pratipada ( Kartik Shukla Prathama) : The first day of eighth month (Kartik) of Hindu calendar. Incidently it is also the fourth festival of Diwali. Celebrated half day.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Update:
    I started studying about ceramic coating today. Hope I stay on with it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

SAT Test Structure The new version of the SAT test is three hours test with forty-five minutes of time. Section are : Essay Writing - Multiple Choice Improving Sentences Identifying...
i need help in my project which is microcontroller based wireless temperature monitoring system. so please send me details of it. thank u.
Stanza Desktop File Size: 54.788 Stanza Desktop not only allows you to read books on your PC (or Mac), it converts many different document types to the popular epub format....
Akash Tablet has finally made an entry in India for Rs. 3000. The tablet specs are as follows - Hardware: - Processor: 366 Mhz. Connexant with Graphics accelerator and HD...
Apple Siri is your personal voice assistant that understands voice commands and responds very quickly. Take a look at this video demo. Siri is available in iPhone 4S. [video=youtube;L4D4kRbEdJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4D4kRbEdJw&feature=player_embedded[/video]