Videocon Z55 Krypton Smartphone Features, Specs And Pricing Out

Videocon has brought the Z55 Krypton 4G, its first 4G capable phone, into the stores. Priced at Rs. 7,999, the smartphone runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop and comes with a scratch resistant back panel, 5-inch HD screen, a 13 MP rear camera, 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal storage.

The 5-inch HD IPS display on the Z55 is encased in a DragonTrail X glass screen, which will protect its screen from scratches or getting any cracks. The HD (High Definition) resolution refers to a 1280x720 pixel display. So, full HD videos may be played with a considerable lag. The pixel density is 294 ppi, which gives a clear, crisp picture.

Videocon-Z55-Krypton-4G

The Z55 features a 13 MP primary camera and a 5 MP front facing one, with auto-focus, HD video recording, and geo-tagging. The phone’s memory can be further expanded to 32 GB with a Micro-USD card, which ensures that the selfie-obsessed crowd out there will have plenty of space for their pictures.

The quad-core processor and 1 GB of RAM will make sure the phone can run multiple apps, but it is doubtful if it would win any awards in terms of raw power. It also boasts an ARM Mali-T720 graphics chip, which is advertised to increase energy efficiency and graphics performance. This combined with the phone’s processing power would be able to run most games and apps fairly smoothly.

The smartphone features dual SIM capability and other standard features such as Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-fi, GPS, etc. The highlighted feature of the smartphone is its back cover, made of the same DragonTrail X glass as the screen, which makes it scratch resistant, and as an added bonus, makes the phone look smooth and stylish. There is also a gold colored strip running along the phone’s circumference; no doubt an attempt to increase its visual appeal, and premium look.

Weighing about 152 grams, the Z55 is powered by a 2200 mAh Li-ion battery, which is pretty decent, but not extraordinary. Though this might seem a little less for a phone sporting a 5-inch screen, its battery life will be influenced by a variety of factors, including processing power, usage and the apps installed.

Videocon wants the Z55 to appeal to youngsters, but it has entered the highly competitive market of smartphones under Rs. 10,000. Only time will tell whether it fares well or not.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The years of work at NASA on 3D-printing rocket engine bore fruit when finally the latest trials became successful. NASA has tested variety of pieces of the engine till date,...
hi im Glen. currently in my B.E fifth semester of info. tech want advice regarding career opputunities for an IT engineer in the automobile field. My interests lie in automobiles...
In a new teaser image shared on Twitter, it has come to the light that Lenovo K4 Note, the K3 Note's successor is launching in India soon. Sources have confirmed...
Microelectrochemical systems popularly known as MEMS have widespread applications in sensor & actuator modelling and the proximity sensors in our phones which adjust the screen according to the distance from...
I need it to complete my thesis on column shortening and Midas only offers 30 days trial and that too for only any one of its softwares. I have already...