CrazyEngineers
  • patil.inst
    patil.inst

MemberOct 9, 2008

video processing

Hello friends,
    I am a new crazy engineer.Can any one help me in my final year project which is related to video processing.
    project details:
    • In this project the output of camera which is in PAL/NTSC format has to be converted in to analog or digital form and should be given to data acquisition system
    For e.g.:
    Suppose we have to measure displacement, for this purpose a bullet camera is connected in near the place where a displacement has to be measured. Also a LVDT is placed to measure displacement. Now the displacement video (along with audio) which is captured by CAM has to be recorded by DAQ due which we need conversion. Once the conversion takes place it is compared with the signal that is obtained through sensor. The main purpose of project is to monitor the structural component behavior and to correlate the same with the sensor.
    More information of this can be seen on Dewetron website.

Camera

Converter

Computer

Data acquisition system

Sensor

Project Details:
    • In this project the output of camera which is in PAL/NTSC format has to be converted in to analog or digital form and should be given to data acquisition system
    For e.g.:
    Suppose we have to measure displacement, for this purpose a bullet camera is connected in near the place where a displacement has to be measured. Also a LVDT is placed to measure displacement. Now the displacement video (along with audio) which is captured by CAM has to be recorded by DAQ due which we need conversion. Once the conversion takes place it is compared with the signal that is obtained through sensor. The main purpose of project is to monitor the structural component behavior and to correlate the same with the sensor.
    • Also a camera recorder is available with the company having AVout port which can be used directly.
    Model –PDR 100
    ChaseCam Rugged Video Recorders
    • Other part of project is triggering of sensor and dig cam at the same time.

Queries that I have:
    • Is this type of conversion possible?
    • Which software’s/hardware can be used?
    • Also are there any sites that you know where can I find information?
    • What is the approach that I should take?

Project Details:
    For e.g.:
    • Also a camera recorder is available with the company having AVout port which can be used directly.
    Model –PDR 100
    ChaseCam Rugged Video Recorders
    • Other part of project is triggering of sensor and dig cam at the same time.
    Queries that I have:
    • Is this type of conversion possible?
    • Which software’s/hardware can be used?
    • Also are there any sites that you know where can I find information?
    • What is the approach that I should take?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 13, 2008

Posting the same thread in different sections seldom helps. Please wait for others to respond to your query.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • kamskans

MemberOct 15, 2008

My Final year project also involved Video processing. Ok i feel that Matlab should be an ideal problem which should help you a lot. Try looking at the Matlab functions and Mat lab forums.All the Best for the project.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register