Victor Poor - The Engineer Behind Intel's First Single Chip Microprocessor 4004

Reading about engineers who revolutionized the tech-industry is always a good way to start the week for a CEan. ๐Ÿ‘

An early engineer at Intel - Victor Poor was one of the founding fathers of early computer innovation. He was one of the engineer brains who developed Intel's first single chip microprocessor - the 4004! Being a self-taught engineer that he was, he started work for Intel in 1969. At Intel, he met the well-known engineer Stanley Mazor to discuss the idea of building a processor for a programmable terminal! ๐Ÿ˜€

After the 4004 was completed, Poor continued to work with Mazor and several other highly regarded engineers, like Ted Hoff and Federico Faggin, to build other microprocessors.

Today we read about his sad demise that happened on Friday at the age of 79. RIP.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sorry to see a generation of greatest engineers who changed the computing forever leave us. RIP, Victor Poor.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dere were none b4 me nd dere will none after me so dats makez me 1 nd only!!๐Ÿ˜€
share the technical and non technical applications for this topic.๐Ÿ˜€
Yammer CEO, after just a month of acquisition by Microsoft, has commented on Facebook that there aren't many ideas left in the Universe that : 1. Haven't been noticed by...
Hello I'm karthik. I've completed my electronics and communication engineering in 2011. I've been working in a software company in the field of database since the past year. I would...
LogMeIn Hamachi File Size: 3.85 If you're looking for a VPN (virtual private network) that's easy to use and requires no hardware, LogMeIn Hamachi is definitely worth a look. It...