from the modem i connect two instruments : 1- computer 2-phone
but problem is that the downloading speed of dsl is 0.21Mbps
and upload speed of dsl is 0.05Mbps
what are the possible reasons for that too much slow speed
please suggest something

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Which ISP? What's the maximum speed they promised?
  • vinci
    vinci
    you might have plan @ 300kbps and thats what you are getting a little bit than what they said.I have a plan of 300kbps and getting same speed as mentioned above .
    vinci
    you might have plan @ 300kbps and thats what you are getting a little bit than what they said.I have a plan of 300kbps and getting same speed as mentioned above .
    300 kbps is a decent speed buddy...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ammar Aziz
    hello friends i have a dsl connection
    from the modem i connect two instruments : 1- computer 2-phone
    but problem is that the downloading speed of dsl is 0.21Mbps
    and upload speed of dsl is 0.05Mbps
    what are the possible reasons for that too much slow speed
    please suggest something
    You need to tell us the complete setup. Ideally, you should use an ADSL splitter to connect your telephone lines & modem.
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    Praveen-Kumar
    Which ISP? What's the maximum speed they promised?
    PTCL is the internet service provider
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    Actually the modem transfers the signals to my computer through a 30 foot internet wire ( there are two types of wire available in market one is 12 Rs. per foot and other is 18 Rs. per foot , but i prefer 12Rs per foot) also a telephone was connected to modem. but i do not use a dsl splitter instead i use a splitter which simply takes input from modem and transfer it to my computer and telephone so as i described above what may be the possible reasons for too much slow spped which i was not expecting .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You should use an ADSL splitter - and you'll see improvements in speeds. It's cheaply available. Your telephone line should go to the splitter. Then connect your modem and telephone unit to the two outlets of the splitter.

But that could just be one fix. You will have to check with your service provider for the speed related issues.
  • vinci
    vinci
    as per my knowledge ,internet providers companies provides adsl splitters as i was provided thats why i am saying may be some companies may not provide but yeah the wont enhance speed more than what you are getting .
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    then why they are claiming speed of 100Mbps?
    Ammar Aziz
    100 Mbps is your local LAN speed, which is the speed between your router / modem and your PC... 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    What is your internet plan?? 128kbps, 256 kbps , 384 kbps or 512 kbps!!!!
    based upon your plan like 128 kbps(Kilo bits per second) transfer speed, your downloading speed ,accourding to your browser/ downloader, would be
    128/8 = 16 kBps (Kilo Byte per second) ie.0.16 MBps.
    I think your plan is 128 kbps which some times show little bit more speed like 0.21MBps. Check with your ISP for plan.
    it is the maximum transfer speed for you lan card. if you connect two pc through switch/router with maximum speed greater than 100Mbps then file transfer between two computer would nearly 100Mpps.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Cynosre 2k12 is a Technical Fest organized by Muffakhan Jah College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad. It will be a technical fest with wide range of interactive and interesting activities...
Can anyone help me regarding LED-fication of Buildings. Where to purchase in bulk quantity? What is the max rating? Can we use it, both indoor and outdoor?
Civilisation 2012 is a Civil Engineering Fest organized by CEG, Anna University, Chennai. It is an invitation to your ideas and explore the new era of Civil Engineering. It acts...
Techbazaar 2012 is a Technical Innovation Competition organized by BITS Pilani. It privides a platform for talented innovators to showcase their ingenuity and use technology to solve the problems of...
I wish to say that after taking the crash course from Study Smart, Guwahati I was able to clear the exam without any difficulties. Thanks to all the teachers of...