Vehicle IoT

Project Abstract / Summary : This is an Advanced Vehicle Tracking Security System with Theft Control and Accident Notification which is designed to reduce the risk involved in losing the vehicle and providing accident notification which will reduce the rate of deaths. This is an inexpensive device which reduces the problem associated with accident notification and anti-theft control. This tracking system is composed of a M66_GPS receiver, Microcontroller and a L80_GSM Modem. GPS Receiver gets the location information from satellites in the form of latitude and longitude. In this project PIC MCU is used. It mainly controls the all function of the project. It gets the information from the M66_GPS modem and passed it to the L80_GSM modem. It controls the ignition sensor and accident sensor.
It is an automotive security system to disable an automobile and its key auto systems through remote control when it is stolen. It hence deters thieves from committing the theft. It also effectively prevents stealing of key auto systems for re-selling by introducing four layers of security features written in the form of firmware and embedded on the Electronic Control Units (ECUs).

To reduce the theft rate of the car and meet the intellectualized auto-guard demand of people, the proposed an auto-guard system which combined the radio frequency identify technology and the global mobile communication network. At the same time vibration sensors completed the monitoring function. L80_GSM modem company finished setting and dismissing the prevention of message or call and controlled the car’s states remotely through AT instructions.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : I have been interested in the field of embedded than the other subjects, which was the primary reason. Automobile theft is a common problem nowadays. So in the idea of finding a better solution to the problem. This system has been proposed.It has showed in practice that compared with the traditional auto guard system, this system could not only stop car theft singly, but also improve the security and reliability. So it has achieved the unity between intellectualized safeguard and remote control.

Project Highlights : I have put in nearly an year's sincere effort in the project which, I'm sure would satisfy the mentioned criteria of overall concept, innovation, originality of idea, impact of the project in the relevant domain. More than all of that, I have been a silent member of CE , which led me to explore more in the embedded system. The passion which you people taught me have now got me at this level. After all, a smidgen of appreciation from CE would be huge honor for me.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Peri Institute of Technology
City: Chennai
State: Tamil nadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : The most important aspect of today's world is to conserve energy. Cooling systems is one of the appliances that consume a large amount of power....
Sony recently launched a lineup of XQD and SD mediacard along with QDA-SB1, a USB XQD adapter and companion accessories like an XQD/SD Card reader .The company quotes that the...
Project Abstract / Summary : Automated Manual Quadrotor with Live Aerial Surveillance ​ The project deals with employing a quadrotor for the purpose of live aerial surveillance. It can be...
Project Abstract / Summary : Sir In world most of medical waste are disposing like medicine . especially in india, in that we have many chemicals in it .if we...
Project Abstract / Summary : Islanding is a process in power system where grid connected loads are separated from the generating station when a grid fault occurs such that the...