vehicle anti collision system by distance monitoring

My fyp title will be as shown above. Currently I'm still figuring out what kind of system to be used for my project. The idea seems really simple; at a certain speed, let say the rear vehicle is tailgating the front car at 100km/h and the distance between them is just a few meters, the system will triggered a warning system (by LED) that will warn the rear driver he is driving at a dangerous distance.

The safe distance determine by system will vary according to the speed of the car. If the car is traveling at lower speed ( <50 km/h), the safe distance can be closer compared to >100km/h

speed>100km/h distance between car>>
speed<100 km/h distance between car<<

i really need help,ideas from u guys..thank you very much

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Very good concept.
    So what help you need Lufias?
  • Lufias_ramma88
    Lufias_ramma88
    I'm not sure or to be precise I don't really know how to develop this project. Most people said it's simple..just use sensors,predetermine the distance and then connect to the LED/buzzer system. But the problem is the distance will vary according to the speed. How to develop an intelligent system that detect the speed of the car and determine the distance that a rear should follow. Thank you
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    For that i think you have to install speedometer with Car or try to find out if we can use the existing speedometer in CAR.
  • Lufias_ramma88
    Lufias_ramma88
    I'm thinking of that idea too but do we need to use any PIC micro controller?What do you think?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I think you can use any microcontroller as for the speed measurement you have to take data from the speedometer and for the distance measurement you can use Ultrasonic Distance meter and you just have to interface both with microcontroller... so i think you can also use simply 8051 or if you want to use PIC then also there is no problem i think so.
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    You need to measure 2 parameter, the speed of the car and the distance of the front car.
    The distance, you need to find distance sensor ex analog distance sensor. But, as I find Sharp Analog Distance Sensor can detect maximum 6 meter. You need to find higher range.
    To measure car speed, maybe can use accelerometer or find a speedometer circuit.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the difference between the virtual memory and swap memory? please explain any one ...........................
Hi guys... im a software engineering student from kerala... me and a few friends of mine have made a website for students and professionals where they can discuss their ideas...
Message from RKNEC alumni association - RKNEC Alumni Association is pleased to announce the strengthening of its overseas activities with UAE based Alumni, organizing RKNEC Alumni meet in Dubai. RKNEC...
iBall Flipper Flip mobile is stylish mobile recently introduced by iBall. I believe it started with Moto Razr which was one of the most popular flip mobiles in India. iBall...
Like it or not, everyone is using slang. It's becoming a rare sight reading the word 'you'. All I see is an "u" these days. Some people when asked why...