@er.satish • 09 Sep, 2010
pls give us difference between Vaccum Circuit breaker and SF6 CB, which is more reliable, better in operation and cost effective ?
@d_vipul • 10 Sep, 2010 In VCB, breaker contacts are placed in VACUUM. In vacuum arc easily extinguished as their is no medium for arc to survive.
It is good for voltages below 33kV.

In SF6 CB, the contacts are placed in a vessel containing SF6 gas. When the contacts are allowed to open SF6 gas it allowed to pass over through contact gap and contacts.
It is mostly used for voltages above 66kV.

Both are reliable, good in operation and good electrical properties but SF6 CB are costlier than VCB.
But the technology used for VCB for production is much costlier than SF6.

SF6 needs more maintenance than VCB.
VCB unit is changed directly when it is warned out with the new one.

Hope this is satisfies your need.
If you have more doubts then feel free to ask me.
I will answer to it in 24 hours.

Regards,
VIPUL
@ankitpjpt • 23 Aug, 2016 Hi Vipul,

I want to quantify the difference in prices of the two. Can you help?
which technology is more used?
Thanks.
Ankit

Related Posts

I thought of compiling a list of the coolest and the best whatsapp group names that you've been using for your respective groups. For the sake of convenience, we'll stick...
A simple good bye email or last working day mail ain't cool! We've some awesome templates that you can use. If you're looking for an amazing Last Working Day email...
Hello CEans, How to convert CGPA (10 Point Scale) to Percentage? Please help!
I heard many students are having a trouble registering on the TCS Portal, when it's quite straightforward actually. If you have problem in attaching photos or CV, Use internet explorer...
What is IES or Indian Engineering Services Exam? Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts the Engineering Services Exam or ESE 2016 is an entrance exam for graduates who wish to...