VCB vs SF6 CB

pls give us difference between Vaccum Circuit breaker and SF6 CB, which is more reliable, better in operation and cost effective ?

Replies

• d_vipul
    d_vipul
    In VCB, breaker contacts are placed in VACUUM. In vacuum arc easily extinguished as their is no medium for arc to survive.
    It is good for voltages below 33kV.

In SF6 CB, the contacts are placed in a vessel containing SF6 gas. When the contacts are allowed to open SF6 gas it allowed to pass over through contact gap and contacts.
    It is mostly used for voltages above 66kV.

Both are reliable, good in operation and good electrical properties but SF6 CB are costlier than VCB.
    But the technology used for VCB for production is much costlier than SF6.

SF6 needs more maintenance than VCB.
    VCB unit is changed directly when it is warned out with the new one.

Hope this is satisfies your need.
    If you have more doubts then feel free to ask me.
    I will answer to it in 24 hours.

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • ankitpjpt
    ankitpjpt
    Hi Vipul,

I want to quantify the difference in prices of the two. Can you help?
    which technology is more used?
    Thanks.
    Ankit

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

could sum1 plz tell me the MATLAB code for " Generating samples of a multivariate Gaussian random process X(t) having a specified mean mx and a covariance Cx"
Sometimes, you need a great font to write that personal letter or a greeting card. Finding fonts can be difficult sometimes; but FontPark's got 70,000 of them for non commercial...
How can I generate radio waves for a certain device and how to vary the frequency?
hello, i just got admission for computer branch in pune university. so, i want help from you to regularise and sketch out strategy for effective studies. thanks
I want to know how the 2-D arrays are stored in the memory, exactly how does the compiler look at the 2-D array?😒