CrazyEngineers
  • totalcrazy007
    totalcrazy007

MemberMar 29, 2014

VAWT Wind Pump

Hey all,

I am thinking of doing a project on wind pumping system using VAWT. But can I combine water pumping and electricity generation using the same system? If so how? Any ideas. Am not talking about hybrid using solar panels.

thanks
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberMar 29, 2014

There is nothing very difficult about using a prime mover like VAWT for either power generation or water pumping. Except that it has to be one or the other at a given time. You can design a shift mechanism that engages one or the other.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • totalcrazy007

MemberMar 29, 2014

thanks for your suggestion Mr.Ramani. I am planing to make this project suitable for areas with medium or low wind speed.Can it be possible using VAWT as it need to be small for residential use.
    Cancel
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberMar 29, 2014

Have a look at this UK survey:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

One advantage of using wind power for water pumping is that if one uses a positive displacement pump (Can be even a diaphragm pump) the variable speed of the wind only varies the pump output. Here is an example:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register