Various International Standards

Need to ask about the difference between the standards:
AISI, SAE, ASME, ASTM and ISO.

Being more specific about the discussion, would like to say anyone if having any information regarding the same please, share here.

Points of focus:
1. How are these STANDARDS interlinked? Are they really?
2. What are the basis of the selection of any standard in a company?
3. About which things/specifications, like materials property, grade etc they are used?

Anyone who can share the knowledge is welcomed.

Even you can share about any other standard or points which can help us understand them more effectively and efficiently.

Thanks.
😀

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ANTRIX, the commercial arm of ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) will launch six satellites for Singapore in December. ISRO's demonstrated its launch capabilities time and again using its reliable PSLV...
Kaustubh Thanks for your wish. Pls confirm me, am I eligible for IES Exam as I am 30 years old.
After a long series of misleading news, predictions and speculations, the official specs of BlackBerry Priv are probably out. Since the decline in the once huge company’s busy, even a...
i have completed my engineering in computer science,is it possible do my MS in automobiles? if yes,please help me with this
I have been working as Assistant Engineer (Electrical) in Uttar Haryana Bijili Vitran Nigam Ltd. for 18 years.I am from Haryana India.