Valve's Steam Installer For Debian (Unofficial)

Recently,
Valve released Steam support for Ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10,There is very respectable showing by Ubuntu community for Valve's Steam.

A Gamer/Developer named GhostSquad57 re-coded the installer for Debian, which is ofcourse against the agreement & policy of Valve's Steam, but I am pretty sure that the way Linux community is supporting & applauding his work (ofcourse there are some haters too), Gabe won't be suing this dude.

Here's the Github link : GitHub - GhostSquad57/Steam-Installer-for-Wheezy: Re-write of Valve's deb package. (Orphaned)

Good Job Ghost 👍

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Its already out on Ubuntu Software Center (the Valve version that is).
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    kidakaka
    Its already out on Ubuntu Software Center (the Valve version that is).
    Please read entire article.
    I am not talking about steam in Ubuntu repositories.It's been launched very long ago !

I am talking about distro Debian Wheezy for which official steam is not out & many errors were popping while using steam in debian.
    So,a developer re-coded & posted it's code in github.(Which is breaking Valve steam's agreements)

PS : I was among the first 50K lucky bastards who got chance to download beta version of steam during November first week & enjoy it before entire Linux community.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

According to the data & survey of annual EE Times annual Embedded Market survey, Linux dominates the Embedded Projects. Android was the OS choice for Embedded systems with 16% in...
Recently, A Debian 7.0 based distribution with MATE environment forked with GNOME 2 - SnowLinux 4 "Glacier" was released. SnowLinux is very fast, Light & highly customizable distro. The UI...
Qosina is an OEM vendor for medical plastic components. They have put out a complimentary vernier calipers app for Apple and Android that allows precise measurements to be made using...
One video is doing rounds on the Internet in which Mark Zuckerberg (Founder of Facebook) and Bill Gates (founder of Microsoft) among other people advice that everyone should learn to...
How to connect with wifi and how to be transfer data through it. plz help me......