2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Using SMS text / language other than English is *NOT* allowed on CE

Question asked by Kaustubh Katdare in #Coffee Room on Sep 9, 2008
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare 路 Sep 9, 2008
Rank A1 - PRO
CEans,

Remember that, CrazyEngineers is an international forum. You are in the company of the best and the brightest engineers from all over the world including engineering students & enthusiasts to professionals with over 40 years of experience.

As a protocol, we all use English to communicate with each other on CE. These discussions are open to all. Therefore you are requested not to -
  1. Use any language other than English.
  2. Use SMS Text [viz. gr8, u, 4eva, ppl etc.]
while posting on CE Forums.

We don't mind banning the mavericks who love to break the rules. Posted in: #Coffee Room
abhiraut
abhiraut 路 Oct 3, 2008
Rank E1 - BEGINNER
Thats an excellent idea buddy.but i think those who are used to it will definitely take some time to get use to this rule.hope you will kind hearted to them.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare 路 Oct 3, 2008
Rank A1 - PRO
Its all about Good Habits , you know 馃榿 . I don't think its 'difficult' to revert back to what we were taught in school.

As I see, only the Indian members use SMS text. Not sure what could be the reason.
mohsin230761
mohsin230761 路 Oct 7, 2008
Rank E1 - BEGINNER
hello..... to every one.... i'm new to this so i need all of you to please guide me in all means...
i'll try my best to follow all the rules.... thank u...
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare 路 Oct 7, 2008
Rank A1 - PRO
You are ignoring the rules, mohsin. Read the rules again, SMS text is NOT allowed on CE Forums.

'u' becomes 'you', 'i' becomes 'I' , etc.
swapnakumar
swapnakumar 路 May 25, 2009
Rank C3 - EXPERT
hi all!!!
sorry once again i really didn't know i will surely implement what is being said but it takes some time as i got used to short cut terminolgy
my sincere apology Mr.The_big_K
zainab783
zainab783 路 Dec 29, 2011
Rank E2 - BEGINNER
i am also smile on this

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up