Using Laptop while charging

It is often said that the laptop should not be used when charging, charge it first and then use it after unplugging it, else it damages the battery. How true is that ?
Does it really have a considerable effect on the battery life ?
Also is it OK if we remove the battery and then plug in the supply and work on it ? Will this damage the laptop in any way ?

Replies

• PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    Actually I don't believe this.. I have using laptops since 2007 while charging. In my opinion you should avoid you laptop for extra heat. I was suffering from various problems in my laptop only due to heat and excessive usage like overnight running of laptop. It resulted in damaging LAN CARD
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    shreyasstar
    It is often said that the laptop should not be used when charging, charge it first and then use it after unplugging it, else it damages the battery. How true is that ?
    Does it really have a considerable effect on the battery life ?
    Also is it OK if we remove the battery and then plug in the supply and work on it ? Will this damage the laptop in any way ?
    😲, who told you.
    Always try to use laptop plugged in . It improves computing and graphics speed, you can notice it. also modern laptops are smart and they don't ever get overcharged.
    Every battery have life of charge-discharge cycle let say 3000. so if you charge it and unplugged it to work on battery. your battery will lost soon as charge-discharge cycle threshold will meet soon.
    On the other hand if you use machine keep plugged it will reduce the charge-discharge cycle.
    Yes, don't keep battery charged @ 100% for months. It will affect the battery potential so, keep, at least one or two discharge cycle per week.
    It's my practical experience with my machine.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# good replies. Even I think that it is harmless.
    One of my friends had a similar query long back. She had read somewhere that any fluctuation in your electricity can lead to disaster. So, she would never use her laptop while it was charging.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    AbraKaDabra
    fluctuation in your electricity can lead to disaster.
    It only harmful to charger... I lost my charger due to this 😔 but nothing happen to machine even I tried again using that faulty charger. Later, I opened it and found transformer got burned.
    If there is fluctuation in your home electricity use UPS.
  • herrey
    herrey
    You can do whatever you want with it really. Charge it while using it. Have it fully charged and keep it on AC. Whatever.

I never bought into the whole "remove your battery when it's fully charged" thing.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    when you power the laptop directly it runs on power and not "completely" on the battery according to me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Everyone. I am Dhananjay Ghodke. I have completed computer engineering in the year 2010 and currently working in Software industry. I have joined CE because, I wanted to be...
we can solve any problems in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have done my b-tech in IT (2008-2012 batch) from MDU I want to be a good programmer I can code in C,C++, Java, HTML, MySQL Suggest me questions to...
hiiiii.......... i want 2 learn from the experts & want 2 become crazy engineer.....
I want some idea for my last year project...Please give some suggestions.