CrazyEngineers
  • Im doing a project to send gps data via gsm mobile phone.But i dont know how to interface a mobile with my PIC16F877A.I understand from my seniors that it would be easy if ihave a mobile with serial DB9 connector .But thats rarely used today and problem of availability too.Can someone suggestwhat to do.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberJan 8, 2009

Yes, nowadays new phones use mini USB ones. Try to find old 2nd hand phones.. they are usually available at phone shops. I'm not sure if they would still have the DB9/RS232 data connectors with them.. you can search on ebay.

Alternatively, since most phones have bluetooth, there are bluetooth modules available that interface with the PIC via UART.. but they are a little costly. Sparkfun has this one: #-Link-Snipped-#

Btw, please post more on CE! You've been here since Aug 07 😉
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Sukesh

MemberJan 16, 2009

Thanks for the reply. But i still could nt find the data cable with that sort of connector.Friends if any of you have one and would like to sell it please contact me.My phone no. 919496170551
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberJan 16, 2009

Sukesh
    Thanks for the reply. But i still could nt find the data cable with that sort of connector.
    What is the model of the GSM phone you have?
    Cancel
  • coolsank

MemberJan 19, 2009

you can check this out..its something similar..called MyLocation by Google...

here's the link : #-Link-Snipped-#

Also, this person has tweaked MyLocation further to provide a more accurate position estimation based on Python code....Check it out:
    <a href="https://sudeeppillai.blogspot.com/search/label/hacks" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">'Techno-maniacal-freakishness': hacks</a>

Here's the link to the code he has used:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberJan 19, 2009

For sending SMS you can use GSM MODEM which is available in market
    Cancel
  • Sukesh

MemberJan 23, 2009

Yes GSM modem is an option but costly i suppose.Can someone tell me whats FBUS and can it help me to send sms in mobiles.
    Cancel
  • emralrajkumar

MemberAug 27, 2011

please try to another network
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register