Using Facebook At Work Is 'Corruption' In Malaysia

Malaysian anti-corruption commission (MACC) has declared that using 'Facebook' at work is 'corruption' because you shouldn't be surfing social media or doing 'personal networking' during your office hours. The commission says that if a person spends 3 or more hours at work engaged in social networking, then it will be treated as 'corruption' - because the government pays employees to work for people and not for engaging in social networking.

Of course, it doesn't apply only to Facebook, but all other forms of social media like Twitter, Google Plus and so on.

I find this very strange, but I somehow even agree with MACC. Do you think MACC is justified in their stance? Share your opinion.

Replies

• pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    Yeah.Facebook is actually time consuming.We may open it just for few second.But surely it alone can consume an hour or more.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    A nice move, I have seen my friends who literally die for likes on their profile pictures.

Anyway after much practice , I am spending not more than 10 mins on Facebook everyday.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The bigger question is whether the MACC has a valid point that Facebooking at work should be considered as corruption?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    I am a facebook hater, and according to me, using facebook, when you are supposed to work seriously, is a sign of corruption and lack of sincerity on the part of the worker, anywhere in the world.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Of course, it doesn't apply only to Facebook, but all other forms of social media like Twitter, Google Plus and so on.
    Nice initiative. However how to draw a line between social media and knowledge enhancing forums like *CE*

Either way, the person would not be justifying the employer by not doing his work and spending time on social / technical forums. Am I taking it in too complex way??

-Cb
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    What if Facebook will ban it's employees from accessing facebook.com😨

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lego's just unveiled the latest in the mindstorms series - called the Lego Mindstorms EV3. It's got a better firmware, new IR sensor and tighter integration with Android and iOS...
Apple's began testing the next generation of their mobile operating system, iOS7. Developers have spotted the new device in their server logs. It's expecte that Apple will launch the latest...
Practo.com is a cloud based instant confirmed doctor appointment booking system. The online service helps people find the right doctor in their locality by browsing through thousands of listed cum...
Please I want a research proposal report regarding mechanical engineering and some possible topics.
hi guys i got cdac noida DESD with 580 in DESD is there chances for banglore/hyderabad in 2/3 round pls pls do reply me !!!!!!! and any review of noida!!!...