Using ADC interfaced with microcontroller

Hi

i have made an ADC using a microcontroller such that if i change the resistance the digital value changes from 0 to 255. i have interfaced this to a computer using RS 232 connection and now i see the values in hyperterminal window. now my question is how to use the digital values i see in the terminal window with a PC based application. With the help of some friends i am gonna develop an application that uses the values from 0 to 255 . How to connect these two internally

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Do you know VB?
    I think we can open COM port using VB and also get that value into variable.
    Don't Know much about VB but i am sure that this thing is working.
  • medeepak
    medeepak
    thanks for the reply
    can you suggest me any external links
    because if i google for it the useless results come up as i dont know technical words to search for
  • nikhiljain
    nikhiljain
    search for 'serial interfacing with visual basic' or 'serial communication with visual basic'

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello guy's, As we know we have the facility to interprete your java script and HTML code on our blog. Any one have idea how to embed our java applet...
SiliconIndia surveyed people from the IT industry to find out top 10 reasons why people quit their job in IT industry. 1. Mismatch between the promised job and the situation...
hi guys, please explain about single phase and multi phase uncontrolled rectifiers with R,RL,and back emf load
Share all the commands used in Ubuntu Terminal window .....
Actually i want to develop an application for mobile phones which can lock any specific part of cell phone ex message contact nd etc....not for entire cell phone. please suggest...