Use of automation for pump control

actuaaly i have a 2 or 2.5 kw motor for rising the water to the tank at my floor..approx. 12 m height..now i want to have a contactor tht switches off the motor when the tank at my house gets filled....so..can anyone suggest me suitable IC and/or relay for tht purpose..

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Use a simple water level detector that can be in any form

I would suggest this an IR sensor and source to mark the maximum level of your tank the moment water crosses this level the amount of IR received by sensor will be less this can be used to activate a control relay to switch the power supply to your Motor thereby tripping it to off condition
  • parin bumia
    parin bumia
    ok...thnx....😀...and can u suggest a particular kind of control relay that will be capacble of withstanding high load current that taken up by motor?
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    Relays
    parin bumia
    ok...thnx....😀...and can u suggest a particular kind of control relay that will be capacble of withstanding high load current that taken up by motor?
    Three Electro magnetic relays of appropriate rating in each phase shall do the work.
  • lal
    lal
    Well I would suggest a simple float instead of the IR. I believe its much easier and less complicated compared to IR. The float will be rising with the water level and at right hight it makes contact thus actuating the relay.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-# simple and exact nice suggestion friend
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I use this cable float switch:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

with this controller:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I did the entire installation myself. No big deal. It is working without problem for years now.
  • parin bumia
    parin bumia
    thnx to all of u above for giving me suggestions...i will try to incorporate the feasible one.....thnx

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

RFID locator chips can help locate misplaced keys and stuff. There is an old Latin saying:"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" "Who will guard the guards themselves?" What happens if the locator...
The enormity of the Universe is on show in this 9-Gigapixel image of the milky way. Obtained with the VISTA survey telescope at ESO’s Paranal Observatory in Chile, this image...
Next Monday, Oakley, one of the largest sports optics makers in the world, will unveil its $599 Airwave ski goggles, an all-new product featuring a small built-in heads-up display that...
Butlers, lunar rovers, snakes and airboats: the best of Carnegie Mellon's Robotics Institute Here is a parade of the best of robotics from the Carnegie Mellon Institute of Robotics, USA....
If Tesla is cool, Faraday is freezing! This inspiring scientist was self made. Here are five reasons (as if even one was needed) to remember him: https://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/147904