Use air as a memory storage device

hi friends,
when we can transfer data through the air then why don,t we think about storing data in air. i think it,s possible so any one here which have some idea about this .
😁

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    well, i dont think such a tech exists currently. never heard of one. if anyone knows anything about this then please do share.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I don't think its possible as when you send the data u send in form of a signal,there is a sender and receiver to send and receive it.

If you are thinking of storing the data it will roam around,and then how you will access it!!!
  • ankesh.cs2007
    ankesh.cs2007
    Yes i agree with piyush as signals strength weakns during course of time and environment variables so data may lost if we have created such
  • Sekocan
    Sekocan
    It is a nice idea but since the transmitter sends a "signal" which has some frequincies and periods and some amplitudes "that change with time", a signel must be "continuously coming" to a reciever. I mean, you cannot have a stationary waveform. A wave must change its location in a time interval. So, you can not just hold a signal while it is being transferred from a transmitter. But you may built a device which receives that signal and changes its form to a different form which can be exist stationary (like on-off states of a transistor) and store it in air (I guess the air must be in a closed jar or something or wind or other diturbances may corrupt the data.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    hi friends,
    when we can transfer data through the air then why don,t we think about storing data in air. i think it,s possible so any one here which have some idea about this .

😁
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Interesting. But could you please elaborate on what is the technical basis behind this idea? How do we store information in air?
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    xheavenlyx
    Interesting. But could you please elaborate on what is the technical basis behind this idea? How do we store information in air?
    now a day we are able to store data or embade the data in digital form.
    but i think to store data in air we have to concentrate on storing data in analoge form(because what ever done in the air we use analog form to do it like in transfer of data we use analog form ).
    so what you think have you any idea about how to store data in analog form ?
    😁

sauravgoswami
    It an great Idea,but how long air will hold data to store??
    ya i am with you,
    suppose we able to store data in air but the main problem is that wind will blow them and our data will corrupt in few second.
    we have to think about it anybody have idea.
  • pingdking
    pingdking
    memory can be stored at different frequencies with a particular tagging format thru which the stored thing can be recalled.. and it can be connected thru some chain formation.. something like cloud computing.. even i got same thought few days back but really dint knw hw to start and where to start but i believe we can achieve a breaakthrough by such discussions..

TR
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Well a good discussion is this ....
    In my point of view when we send a data through bluetooth or through Wi-Fi the data travels through air in the waves between two mediums but to store the data in air it it needs to bind the waves between two medium of data flow .........theoretically but practically not yet thought ......./
  • crazyaddiction
    crazyaddiction
    great idea !!! can anyone explain me how bluetooth works ?? i mean via air !!
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Bluetooth is a wireless data which transmits data through the air in packet form. The basic physical explanation is same as that of mobile phone communication but the mode of data transfer, the rate at which transfer takes place, authentication prorocols etc are different for different technologies.
    @rishi-I'm really interested when you say that the waves need to be binded between two 'mediums" of data flow. Please,I insist, provide us with some more info on what you got(even if it is jsut theory) so that we can go ahead.
    Nice idea.!! But storing data in air will be lacking data security!
  • frodo.rok
    frodo.rok
    Most of the data we send through air are really not send through air bot through void as all electromagnetic waves travels through void.
    As void cannot store data we can try air. But air will store data using its molecules which is mainly of Oxygen and Nitrogen. Here we have a point that as Oxygen is Diamagnetic we can use this property to store data in air but as per efficiency is concerned i have doubt how much it will be efficient.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Even if oxygen is diamagnetic storing data in air will create problems of retrieval. How do you ensure that the position of a particular molecule will remain constant w.r.t to a reference.?? We'll have to devise some method in which O2 molecules keep on transferring their dat so that the position remains constant.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    a very good innovative idea but we use electromagnetic waves to send data. do we really use air? how about satelites which are in space where there is no air!!?
  • itengineer
    itengineer
    Hi All,

I also thought about this idea and searched a lot. As far as i have read and learned the major problem is to make waves steady which is kinda contradictory.

What do you think about that ??

A receiver or some tracer device has to be there to track the data.

One thing what about the volatility, how will data store in air without consuming any energy for holding it. (Einstein)

I Request to all, please spend some amount of time daily to update this thread with your findings and keep it alive.

May we all succeed.

Thanks
    ITENGINEER
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    mohit007kumar00
    when we can transfer data through the air then why don,t we think about storing data in air.
    If you are talking about wireless, it is not transmitted through air. It is only sounds that can be transmitted in air (or a gas) as a medium. Air is just a mixture of molecules (mostly nitrogen and oxygen). There is no change of state or charge or any other permanent change that can be imparted to these and read back later.
  • itengineer
    itengineer
    We are just using the world air. As i mentioned about Electro-magnetic waves that is the exact medium. But as you have also mentioned that Air contains molecules 'd like ask one question please.

Can we charge these molecules to store data with stability(Most important) after making it travel via electro-magnetic waves.
    Please keep this thread alive.... i am sure it will give something +ve.

Thanks
    ITENGINEER
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The problem is many fold. The gas molecules are in a stable state. Any alteration of this will make them unstable, making them shed this instability and revert to the previous state. The more serious problem is the address. Whenever info is stored in any memory device, it remains in that location. One can just go to that location and get the stored value. The molecules in a gas are in constant random motion. There is no stable address. To complicate this further, this motion is temperature dependent.
    Even assuming that we attach a data to a molecule, there is no way of retrieving it later ever. It will be a Write Only Memory!
  • Behzad
    Behzad
    Hello guysI've just read your topic and come here to say your idea is brilliant and it is the future of where we put our data and retrieve them, but the word of air should be just a brand name, the real thing happen in earth's magnetic field. You know that a giant strong magnetic field cover entire surface of our planet. This magnetic field can work just like a huge magnetic data storage, and now you ask me how to put and how to retrieve the data on it... Here is the answer, for putting them on the magnetic field of the earth we should use a magnetic field booster towers that will placed on different areas of the earth and they help our devices to have a data communication with earth's magnetic field, and for the retrieving our data here is the solution, a single digit of our data that we want to store it in magnetic field, the device that you will use to generate and retrieve it, will put a magnetic signature on it. You should know that in magnetic fields you can generate infinite unique electro magnetic signature ID that can become concatenated with all of your data, and your device will store just the pattern of your electro magnetic signature ID, then when you want to call a specific data that you put it on air, your device call the electro magnetic signature ID pattern of your data and all of your data will become available for harvesting, and after this step it become just like searching your own HDD. You will be free to go any where in the world with your device, and access to your content any where you want even you can access to you data from the space, there is no limit for that. For implementation of this idea, we should wait until the supplying of SSD storage components become to an end, and the experimental devices that capable to convert and transmit our data to magnetic fields should become produce and test over possible limitations. The Internet will place there, so there is a huge electro magnetic signature IDs will become share with all the devices to get access to the contents. When the quantum computers will completely replace with the current kind of PCs, that day will be a start of using earth's magnetic field as a memory for all devices around the world. 60-80 years from now, I hope.
  • brvnbld
    brvnbld
    WAT????....
    storing data in air.....?
    This is question can be asked only if u want to think hypothetically.....
    U need to understand that u transfer data as EM(Electro Magnetic) Waves ...Light is one such EM wave...if u can contain the data that is sent using EM , then u could probably contain light...which according to Einstein's Theory of Relativity is "IMPOSSIBLE".... not to be sarcastic....but seriously, this idea can used only in Sci-Fi movies....
  • hkachoria
    hkachoria
    Yesterday same thought come across in my mind and i found this thread, Data transmit in air in analog form and if not received timely/correctly then become garbage.
    If I have 2 machines which can send data on certain frequency and also can receive data on certain frequency.
    Let’s say on machine 1 I receive data for storage and then I transmit data in AIR now machine 2 receive data and retransmit. I mean I create a chain of data in AIR and keep giving the power to continue. Data will transmit using multiple scanner and which will be used for data retrieval (concept of selector)

Theoretically it may work but don't know usability and how feasible it is
  • andenagaveni24
    andenagaveni24
    nice idea friends!!!! yes 3011 is right....storing data in the air will be lacking data security......
  • magnatron
    magnatron
    the air can store one bit : stale air : 1; pure air : 0 lol, it IS possible
  • helixinvent
    helixinvent
    if you would like to contact me securely about this theory then my email is #-Link-Snipped-# , i have been working on this theory for 9 months now and have had serious headway. i would like to talk to someone who has the same interests/ideas to work with me
  • helixinvent
    helixinvent
    Nice idea.!! But storing data in air will be lacking data security!
    not neccessarily , you can encrypt the data using periodic codes that change, currently working on an algorithm for it
  • helixinvent
    helixinvent
    vinod12345madhu
    a very good innovative idea but we use electromagnetic waves to send data. do we really use air? how about satelites which are in space where there is no air!!?
    my theory goes beyond that, you can store data anywhere

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Got a new website. check out :-https://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/
Can anyone tell me exact meaning/use of Stubs and Drivers in integration testing??? With example will be great help 😀
Hi All, I am a college student wanting to work on a new project. So far I have been using op-amps and other setups to get what I wanted on...
okay fellow ceans, i need to tell you about this torch which i saw at my friends place. It was this torch which was made of transparent material inside was...
Hello everyone, I need a seminar topic which is related to Electrical engineering and computers or the latest technology. I need a topic in which I can get a lot...