USB Type C Connector : 10 Gbps, Slimmer & Reversible
Question asked by Kaustubh Katdare in #Coffee Room on Dec 4, 2013
USB 3.0 promoter group specifications for next generation of USB (3.1) have been released and it looks like it's going to be a lot more advanced than the current generation of USB connectors. The new connector, called Type-C connector is being targeted at the slimmer generation of mobiles and tablets. The key characteristics of the USB Type C Connector are -
- A brand new design, that may not resemble the current design of USB, Mini-USB and Micro-USB (Type-A, Type-B or Micro-B etc.)
- Smaller in size - to that of USB 2.0 Micro-B
- Reversible: You don't have to pay attention to the orientation of the plug.
- Support for scalable power charging
- Easy scaling for future USB performance.