Urgent: Circuit to measure human pulse rate

can some one help me with a circuit to measure human pulse rate ????

Replies

• bill190
    bill190
    Two types.

One type is a blood pressure cuff which also detects pulse.

The other sends light through the ear lobe. As blood is pumped through the ear lobe with each beat of the heart, the amount of light which can pass through diminishes. So more light, less light, more light, less light, etc.

Arm pressure cuff...
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Ear lobe...
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • coolsank
    coolsank
    You can check out this..its called Photoplethysmography,......... Photoplethysmograph

And i guess a little bit of work through google could lead you to this...

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans who are entrepreneurs [and even the wannabe entrepreneurs] - Watch Virgin Group Chairman Mr. Richard Branson on Open Forum: Inside the Entrepreneurial Mind: Richard Branson
Hi! I am a new member, immediately joined this forum. I want to take part in different discussions.
could anyone help me in explaining how the ball of a ballpoint pen produced so accurately.....wat is the technology behind this..;-)
hi friends i m working on my live project. i m building website for toy manufacturing company,i have created half part i m stuck on one problem. the problem is...
Can you please tell my servlets are not running? I have J2SE and J2EE installed on my machine. I have apache tomcat 6.0.18 installed as well. I think may be...