Upto what limit can the plastic be used in Automobile sector?

As all of us know Plastic is one of the finest as well as worst invention ever made.It has all properties which are useful in creating todays modern gadgets and other things.A major impact was made by plastic especially in Automobile market and industry.Plastic has been commonly used because of its mouldability, strength and light weight.Todays automobile body works mainly depend on plastics as it helps in weight reduction of vehicles which helps in increased efficiency.Plastics have been used along with aluminium to produce a composite material of desired properties.As I know plastics were mainly used in dashboard, steering wheel, engine covers, gear handler and some moulded parts.But my question is whether this is the limit for use of plastics in automobile sector?
If plastics of high strengtg equal to aluminium or steel were found what are the advantages we could have?
If plastic panels of highstrength were used can it overcome collision?

Introduction to plastic:
plastics were made from by products of crude oil.The distillation of crude oil results in small mononers.These monomers were bought by companies and add them to make polymers.Plastics are of two types majorly hard and soft plsstics.They are synthetic and Plastics were made from polymers.So if crude oil production stops plastic raw material also decreases.
Please share what are the other parts in a vehicle to have used plastic.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As all we know right from the invention wheels Man try to explore the world with his new inventions.It may be chariot,a car,airplane,ship but humans were always exploring and recent...
For other tutorials and index of tutorials in this series click here : Main Thread Now as we are aware of the common terminologies that are involved, lets get on...
Kaustubh KatdareSpend some time here and you will become familiar with this site quickly.hai sir...i am doing final year instrumentation and control engineering....can u give some ideas for my final...
Samsung unpacked is scheduled on September 4 in Berlin, but we've photos of the leaked Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch for the impatient ones. The nicest folks at VentureBeat got access...
Wishing you many happy returns of the day @anoopthefriend and @mayurpathak Have a blast, buddy. 😀