UPS vs Stabliser

If we have ups do we need to have a stablizer. CAn the ups serve the purpose of stablizer.

Replies

• emma003
    emma003
    When compared to Stabliser ups has more advantages.
    Ups works on the battery and Stabliser works on the current.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • SHANON
    SHANON
    An uninterruptible power supply(UPS),also known as a continuous power supply(CPS) or a battery backup is a device which maintains a continuous supply of electric power to connected equipment by supplying power from a separate source when utility power is not available.It differs from an auxiliary power supply or standby generatorhere are three distinct UPS types:
    off-line:remains idle until a power failure occurs, and then switches from utility power to its own power source, almost instantaneously.
    on-line:continuously powers the protected load from its energy reserves stored in a lead-acid battery or flywheel, while simultaneously replenishing the reserves from the AC power. It also provides protection against all common power problems, and for this reason it is also known as a power conditioner and a line conditioner.
    A voltage stabilizer is an electrical appliance used to feed constant voltage current to electrical gadgets like ACs and computers,and protects them from damage due to voltage fluctuations.It works on the principle of a transformer,where the input current is connected to primary windings and output is received from secondary windings.When there is a drop in incoming voltage, it activates electromagnetic relays which add to more number of turns in the secondary winding, thus giving higher voltage which compensates for loss in output voltage. When there is rise in the incoming voltage, the reverse happens, and, thus, the voltage at the output side remains almost unchanged.

------------------------------------------------
    SHANON
  • vim02
    vim02
    Ups is energy storage device. Stabliser is a energy consuming device.
    Ups works on battery. 😁 Stabliser works on current.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • kombo
    kombo
    Of Course UPS more advantages than Stabilizer because in UPS AC Current change to DC Current (for save in battery)and change again to AC current as Out Put so I think out put current more stabil than Stabilizer but UPS Price more expensive than Stabilizer

😁
    Best Regard
    Kombo
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well UPS serves the purpose of stabilizers as well,stabilizer cant provide u with a back-up!!!
  • raithrovers1
    raithrovers1
    As long as the UPS is an online UPS then it will act as a stabilizer. This should be stated in the UPS manual.

Visit #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my seminar topic is morphing plzzzzzzzz ce'ns help me out😁
Hiiiii alll, What is a Matched Filter and what it does?? How about an Integrator? Are they the same? Thank you
I'm an First Year Engineering Student. And I am planning on participating for a state-level paper presentation event. The topic I'm interested in is CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics). Since I'm...
Formal Announcement ​CE Mumbai meet on 20th September 2008.:myparty: [Update] Venue Changed to Cafe Coffee Day, Ground Floor Dwarka Sadan, Keluskar Road Shivaji Park (N) Dadar (W) Mumbai-28 Ph: 022...
hii.... can any1 provide me the information abt CHROME......the latest web browser by google.... i want to know how it works and its similarities with the MS Browser... thnx....