uploading will affetc the harddisk?

uploading will affect the harddisk?

plz someone tell me whether the uploading and downloading to and fro from the internet will affect the health of the harddisk....if it is then why is it happening?and the solution

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Uploading / downloading is just like copying something to / from your hard disk. It will not affect it.

Although, any hard disk will deteriorate once it gets older.
  • Pechu
    Pechu
    I guess, uploading and downloading is usually a long process if you do it with files of huge sizes. When you do it that way, its like copying, moving of files continuously for hours and hours which will deteriorate the hard disk's performance and finally it gets spoiled early.

But its not the thing we must worry about when you really want to download or upload continuously ! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Solution? Get a solid state disk ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Pechu
    Pechu
    If you are rich, then yeah! go for solid state drives ๐Ÿ˜›
  • computeridiot007
    computeridiot007
    Pechu
    If you are rich, then yeah! go for solid state drives ๐Ÿ˜›
    what do you mean by solid state devices....how much will it cost bro..
  • Pechu
    Pechu
    A solid-state drive (SSD) is a Data storage - Wikipedia that uses Solid State %28Electronics%29 Computer Storage to store persistent data. An SSD Emulate a Hard Disk Drive interface, thus easily replacing it in most applications. An SSD using Static Random Access Memory or Dram (instead of Flash memory - Wikipedia) is often called a RAM-drive, not to be confused with a Ram Disk. ( Source : wiki )

Check these links...

SSD year 2013 - market highlights - StorageSearch.com
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yeah, quite expensive. A 2TB HDD is still way cheaper than a 80GB SSD.

Of course, things will change over time. Just wait till production costs decrease ๐Ÿ˜€ Then people's dream of relatively forever torrenting.. I mean, uploading and downloading , will come true! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Pechu
    Pechu
    Yeah, grid computing, cloud computing, green computing ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A simple improvement to wireless telephones would be to have a design that could be conveniently carried in one's pants pocket. In the USA, sets of wireless telephones are commonly...
Hi everybody as we are going to have an inter college fest, we need sponsors for that. can anyone help me out it's urgent. Thanks In ADVANCE
Hello every one this is karteek .I want final year project related on "VULNERABILITY DETECTION IN MOBILE COMPUTING ENVIRONMENT".Any one can please help me give an idea any vulnerability detection...
how to calculate shear force and bending moment calculation for hollow pipe tube when it is used as simply supported beam...?
SEMINAR TOPICS in Mechanical Engg Can anyone help me to find some seminar topics?? Send me some subjects or links .............................................