Upcoming technologies in Mechanical Engineering?

what are the upcoming technologies in the field of mechanical engineering.
can anyone give me some ideas about a new technology which can help in future.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Mechatronics, robotics and MEMS (micro electro mechanical sytems), seem to be it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mechanical engineering has several sub-divisions and the future developments and enhancements are going to be a mashup of several disciplines of engineering. Robotics for example is advancing at a rapid pace and the efforts are ongoing to make them human-like.

Automobile sector, which is another offshoot of the mechanical engineering is taking leaps towards more fuel efficient engines and even exploring ways to employ green, environment friendly fuels.

Nanotechnology is also rapidly finding ways into several applications which are directly or indirectly related to mechanical engineering. The best way to keep updated with the developments is to follow engineering related blogs; CrazyEngineers VoiCE, for example.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Hussanal Faroke Kuzhimana *Engineering Trade:Computer Science Location: Calicut,Kerala India *Occupation: Software Engineer, QBurst Technologies Work Experience: 2 years 6 months as Software Engineer *Hobbies & Interests: No Hobbies, Interested...
China has just launched the world's longest railway track meant for the high speed bullet trains. The track extends from Beijing to Guangzhou, a distance of about 2298 kilometers. With...
How about youth in politics friends? any new ideas for the old politicians who are interested in money rather than welfare of the people.
Fightback app sends SOS messages to registered numbers on click of button. This app , I personally feel, is very relevant for todays women, though can be relevant to other...
From my childhood I have an idea to combine more then one old desktop by some method to run single operating system. through this I want get more efficiency speed...