Unity & Gnome Themes For Ubuntu (Themes Collection)

Bored of Simple icons in Ubuntu ?
Here is the thread of Icon sets & Theme sets for Ubuntu supporting Unity & Gnome.
You're free to share the latest (or old, whatever) themes which are not covered in this thread.
Let this thread include all attractive Icon sets & Themes for Ubuntu OS.This thread will be the full stop for the search of Icon themes & icon sets for Ubuntu.

To activate the Theme you'll need to install Unsettings in Launchpad or #-Link-Snipped-#
Rolling the dice,

1) Mediterranean Night :
My Favourite theme, this theme will change the icons of Application/Icons & layout totally. I always use this theme for my desktop Ubuntu OS.I just love this theme !
Mediterranean Night is GTK3.6 theme pack with 12 color variants. As it is based on GTK3.6, it's not available for 12.04 LTS version of Ubuntu.However it is compatible to Ubuntu 12.10 & 13.04.

Some Screenshots :

1 2 3 4

To Install the Theme :

Open Terminal & type :

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/themes
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mediterraneannight-gtk-theme 
This Theme is maintained by Webupd8 & thus all credit for the work goes to that awesome developers & it's blog.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    2) Numix

This Icon theme is available for GTK 3.6 which means it supports Ubuntu's 12.10 & 13.04. The icon set works in other environments too : XFCE, Unity & GNOME Shell.

To download & install :
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:satyajit-happy/themes
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install numix-gtk-theme 
    All rights of the theme goes to the developer, Satyajit.
    Thanks for the free themes, Satyajit 😀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    3) Snow Sabre

My new favourite theme, which supports Ubuntu 12.04/12.10/13.04/13.10 & Linux mint 15/14/13.

Screenshot from 2013-08-04 19:19:33

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/icons
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install snow-sabre-icons 
    Courtesy : Noobslab
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    4) Moka :

moka
    This is very beautiful icon theme, available for all Linux distributions.
    The PPA is available for all Ubuntu derivatives.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:snwh/moka-icon-theme-daily 

sudo apt-get update 

sudo apt-get install moka-icon-theme moka-icon-theme-dark moka-icon-theme-blue 

For other non-ubuntu derivative distributions visit : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vineethchowdhary
    vineethchowdhary
    excellent
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    5) Evolve GTK:

Simply Beautiful GTK Theme. Looks dope in Gnome-fallback-session. Check few of the screenshots :

Screenshot from 2013-10-30 13:43:59 Screenshot from 2013-10-30 13:44:42 Screenshot from 2013-10-30 13:44:52

To install in Ubuntu & it's derivatives, Open terminal & type :
     sudo add-apt-repository ppa:satyajit-happy/themes 
     sudo apt-get update 
     sudo apt-get install evolve-gtk-theme 
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Orchis GTK3 Theme :

Home_004

Appearance_005

Download from : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Faience GTK-3 Theme :
    Looks elegant plus anti-aliased window curves makes it look even more beautiful.

Media_001
    Download from : #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Losing your keys is always a frustrating experience; you have to find a locksmith to get a duplicate key made but if that doesn’t work you have to pry out...
With the American Independence Day a few days away, folks over at Adafruit have tried to make a tribute to the country with a MIDI controlled flame organ. While we...
We all know that the sound travels faster through solids and then liquids and then through gases. As far as i know solids are the medium through which the sound...
I know that actually sound needs a medium to travel.So , it does not travel though vacuum. My doubt is there are many astronauts in space.Space is a vacuum.So sound...
Hey all. Please try and attempt the following SQL queries Suppose you have a binary tree structure represented as in attachment 1.jpg Suppose the details of the figure in attachment...