Uninterrupted power control supply

Project Abstract / Summary : Uninterrupted power supply control( Auto Power Supply Control from 4 Different Sources using PIC Microcontroller: Solar, Mains, Generator and Inverter to Ensure No Break Power ) The main objective of this project is to provide uninterrupted power supply to a load, by selecting the supply source automatically from any available one out of 4 such as: mains, generator, inverter and solar in the absence of power supply. The demand for electricity is increasing every day and frequent power cut is causing many problem in various areas like industries, hospitals and houses. An alternative arrangement for power source is thus desirable.
This project employs four switches to demonstrate / activate respective failure of the source of power supply. When any of the switches is pressed, it shows the absence of that particular source. Switches are connected to the microcontroller as input signals.
A microcontroller of the PIC16F8 family is used. The output of the microcontroller is given to the relay driver IC, which switches appropriate relay to maintain uninterrupted supply to the load. Output is observed using a lamp drawing power from the mains initially.
On the failure of the mains supply (which is actuated by pressing appropriate switch) the load gets supply from the next available source ie an inverter. If the inverter also fails, it switches over to the next available source, and so on.
The current status, like which source is supplying power to the load is also displayed on an LCD. As it is not feasible to provide all 4 different sources of supply, one source with an alternate parallel arrangement is provided to get the same function for demo purposes. However 4 different sources if available they can be used.
The project can be further enhanced by using other sources like wind power also, and then can take into consideration the best possible power source – the one whose tariff remains lowest at a given moment
For getting its block diagram please go on this link
Dropbox - File Deleted

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : I think uninterrupted power supply control is highly applicable in India for ensuring no break power supply. But we should need alternative power sources like solar, wind power, generator, inverter, different companies supply. as by the availability of alternative sources we can avoid frequent power cut in our houses, office etc

Project Highlights : First of all it takes highly recommend in industry's, office . Because we have knew the consequences related to industry's while there is a power cut. It may become large production loss, mony loss, time loss etc. And I can promise you that it becomes Higley cost effective when we use renewable energy sources such as solar, wind power. My friends had also been like my project. And the overall operation is controlled by a PIC Microcontroller And actually I got this idea while a power cut time. when I was using an important data entry on Internet. That makes me too sad...... Thank you

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Beselios Thomas 1catholicos college of engineering and technology
City: Koothattukulam
State: Kerala
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : My project has totally an analog based circuit, use of just two 555 timer made me to design and implement the idea of capturing the...
Quote: My grandparents lived modestly, still in the narrow two-bedroom rowhouse where she’d raised her family since her husband returned from World War II. They didn’t travel, eat lavish meals...
A picture is worth more than a thousand words?! Quote: Imagine you’ve got a great idea. You’ve been thinking about it for weeks. You go to work, describe the idea...
All engineers (Sane or CE) have to draw. This may help some in getting a better perspective - on perspective, what else? How to Draw - Basic Linear Perspective -...
Project Abstract / Summary : Title-Missed call based automation system to control wastage of power Abstract –“SIM 900 based Control System” implements the emerging applications of the GSM technology. Using...