Unfortunate Affliction - By Vijay Phanshikar in Hitavada's Loud Thinking

I came across this excellent article and I want each one of you to read it. It SHOULD be an eye opener for those who aren't aware. I look forward to your comments on this article in this thread.

Source: The Hitavada.

[โ€‹IMG]

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Unable to see the attachment Biggie. ๐Ÿ˜€

The error message says "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator."

Please see to it. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Updated. Should be visible now.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Unfortunate but true.
    There is no sense of remorse, let alone shame.
    It's a moral crime. We ought to instill that in all the young minds.

Thank you Mr. Phanshikar for bringing out this topic in newspapers. ๐Ÿ‘
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Well it is not good to steal other's articles. I think it is not a good thing. What say?

For those who steal the articles. Please stop it. There is more value in writing articles in your own words. You need not 'invent' a new thing each time. you may keep your view about things in your own words. And yes mention the author in case of a quote. That is important. ๐Ÿ˜€

Hats off to Mr. Vijay Phanshikar some things mentioned in the article were unknown to me. I will definitely try to improve.
    Thank you sir.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Nice topic , It is to be understood by many , infact I sometimes copy some data from Internet in my presentations!

I need to change! It may take time but change should come!
  • andyKane
    andyKane
    Hats off to Mr. Phanshikar. I'm his regular reader. He puts forward his thoughts very frankly and simple manner.
    About this article, I think its a fact and I can see this copying thing everywhere around me including my college.
    Teachers are like "you get everything on the internet. Go get it" !!
  • Reya
    Reya
    I attended a workshop on Open Source Software recently.The presentation is entirely copied from google ๐Ÿ˜”

I didnt learn anything new ๐Ÿ˜”

Hope this article will bring a new change!
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    really bold attempt by Mr. vijay and at the right time. our generation needs it. thank you
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Good article!! Let's all say NO to plagiarism.

English-Scared
    Nice topic , It is to be understood by many , infact I sometimes copy some data from Internet in my presentations!
    But ES, you can certainly take data from the internet. The internet is your source for statistics and other data. If not from there, are you going to do the data collection yourself?
    I think you can take the data.. If possible, you can give the source of the data in your presentations.. What the article means, I think, is that we should not copy the article itself
    or large parts of it as such..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The copy-pasting needs to be avoided, and if one does it (because sometimes, we can't rewrite it!) he/she should provide LINK to the original article. The tone of the article isn't meant to avoiding 'internet', but dumb copy-pasting job.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It was very stupid of me for not thinking before doing this. I put a Blackberry Curve Mini CD in my MacBook drive. And it got stuck there. It was...
I was trying to figure out the pathetic browsing speeds I experience on my broadband connection and found out that I'm on NIB-I network. My IP address starts with 59.xx...
India has always been a dumping ground for technology and products for Apple. The company today announced that iPad 2 will be relased in 25 more countries across the globe...
We of course can't influence Mr. Premji's decision, but we can vent out our jealousy by posting in this thread. Wipro has offered new revised package of Rs. 10 crore...
I am totally new to practical use of 8051? May I know how and which pin to be connected as input and which pin should be taken as output? Ex....