20 Oct 2008

Unbelievable! I turned my laptop into a radio!

Woa! 😁

This is purely unbelievable! I connected my Guitar to my laptop's 'Line In' [actually microphone slot] and tried to record music using Audacity!

Surprisingly, my laptop caught radio frequency [ FM, I guess! ] and recorded the radio channel 😁!

It works! Try it!

Now I want to know, if my Guitar's working as antenna. If yes, is it so easy to capture radio frequencies? Electronics & Telecommunication engineers - explain this, please! 😁
yashodha

yashodha

Branch Unspecified
10 years ago
CONGRATULATIONS
sauravgoswami

sauravgoswami

Electronic
10 years ago
well thats possible any good conducting metal ctaches frequency....well we work more on it!!
10 years ago
sauravgoswami
well thats possible any good conducting metal ctaches frequency....well we work more on it!!
Well, then why does that not happen when I connect a microphone?
Ashraf HZ

Ashraf HZ

Communications
10 years ago
FM broadcast is propagated over the UHF range, so your guitar is able to pick somewhere in between 300 MHz and 3 GHz 😉

To pick up some sort of radio signal, you'd need a length of metal connected to an inductor and a capacitor to fine tune it. Of course, it takes additional components to reduce the noise 😀 I think your guitar has a a circuit that contains those components!

You can create a simple transmitter and receiver circuit out of 5-6 components (good for peer to peer communications or clandestine bugs). In fact, you can also create a battery-less FM radio receiver circuit that is used with a headphone!
YourTechMate

YourTechMate

Branch Unspecified
10 years ago
Wow, its quite similar to ELECTRICITY invention event that happend a few 100 yrs ago. U were doing something, and happened something else. Thats reall funny yet amazing.
10 years ago
Hehe, well, its not an invention, of course. I'm just wondering what went wrong . How could my Guitar capture radio frequencies - is the question.

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.