CrazyEngineers
  • Woa! 😁

This is purely unbelievable! I connected my Guitar to my laptop's 'Line In' [actually microphone slot] and tried to record music using Audacity!

Surprisingly, my laptop caught radio frequency [ FM, I guess! ] and recorded the radio channel 😁!

It works! Try it!

Now I want to know, if my Guitar's working as antenna. If yes, is it so easy to capture radio frequencies? Electronics & Telecommunication engineers - explain this, please! 😁
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • yashodha

MemberOct 17, 2008

CONGRATULATIONS
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • sauravgoswami

MemberOct 17, 2008

well thats possible any good conducting metal ctaches frequency....well we work more on it!!
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 17, 2008

sauravgoswami
    well thats possible any good conducting metal ctaches frequency....well we work more on it!!
    Well, then why does that not happen when I connect a microphone?
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberOct 18, 2008

FM broadcast is propagated over the UHF range, so your guitar is able to pick somewhere in between 300 MHz and 3 GHz 😉

To pick up some sort of radio signal, you'd need a length of metal connected to an inductor and a capacitor to fine tune it. Of course, it takes additional components to reduce the noise 😀 I think your guitar has a a circuit that contains those components!

You can create a simple transmitter and receiver circuit out of 5-6 components (good for peer to peer communications or clandestine bugs). In fact, you can also create a battery-less FM radio receiver circuit that is used with a headphone!
    Cancel
  • YourTechMate

MemberOct 19, 2008

Wow, its quite similar to ELECTRICITY invention event that happend a few 100 yrs ago. U were doing something, and happened something else. Thats reall funny yet amazing.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 19, 2008

Hehe, well, its not an invention, of course. I'm just wondering what went wrong . How could my Guitar capture radio frequencies - is the question.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register