Unbelievable! I turned my laptop into a radio!

Woa! 😁

This is purely unbelievable! I connected my Guitar to my laptop's 'Line In' [actually microphone slot] and tried to record music using Audacity!

Surprisingly, my laptop caught radio frequency [ FM, I guess! ] and recorded the radio channel 😁!

It works! Try it!

Now I want to know, if my Guitar's working as antenna. If yes, is it so easy to capture radio frequencies? Electronics & Telecommunication engineers - explain this, please! 😁

Replies

• yashodha
    yashodha
    CONGRATULATIONS
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well thats possible any good conducting metal ctaches frequency....well we work more on it!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sauravgoswami
    well thats possible any good conducting metal ctaches frequency....well we work more on it!!
    Well, then why does that not happen when I connect a microphone?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    FM broadcast is propagated over the UHF range, so your guitar is able to pick somewhere in between 300 MHz and 3 GHz 😉

To pick up some sort of radio signal, you'd need a length of metal connected to an inductor and a capacitor to fine tune it. Of course, it takes additional components to reduce the noise 😀 I think your guitar has a a circuit that contains those components!

You can create a simple transmitter and receiver circuit out of 5-6 components (good for peer to peer communications or clandestine bugs). In fact, you can also create a battery-less FM radio receiver circuit that is used with a headphone!
  • YourTechMate
    YourTechMate
    Wow, its quite similar to ELECTRICITY invention event that happend a few 100 yrs ago. U were doing something, and happened something else. Thats reall funny yet amazing.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hehe, well, its not an invention, of course. I'm just wondering what went wrong . How could my Guitar capture radio frequencies - is the question.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now a day, every big company is talking about "Thought Leadership". Can anyone among us explain what exactly is thought leadership?
Hello Dears... I am Mohan from TamilNadu😀
i have collected information about implementing an 8 tap FIr filter how do i present it as a paper or a project?
HI FRIENDS, Do you know your STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES???? eX: Good at ........... Bad at ............ There is no END only BEGINNING Lets start TODAY😎
Hi, I want to know how to access any hardware component specially a microphone using c++.