Unable To Attach Files In Google chrome!

While sending mails, if I want to attach a file I am unable to do so with Google Chrome. I am unable to browse the location of file. I have to open Internet Explorer and then send the mail with attachments. What to do?

Is there any Virus in my system? How to solve this?

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Issue
    While sending mails, if I want to attach a file I am unable to do so with Google Chrome. I am unable to browse the location of file. I have to open Internet Explorer and then send the mail with attachments. What to do?

What are you actually facing?
    Issue

If you are not under proxy, can you try dragging the file and dropping on the attachments part?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Use a neat email client like Thunderbird. Configure it to connect through IMAP.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    What are you actually facing?
    When you are composing the mail, there is an option "attach the file".
    When I am clicking on it nothing happens. Normally a new window should open for me to select the file.

But I am unable to do so.

P.S: If I drag and drop the file, I can attach it as you say.

One more query: After I have upgraded to Windows 8, I am unable to find Wordpad, MS Paint, Excel and other programs. Do I need to install them again?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    I am not a computer genius๐Ÿ˜จ Please simplify the technical jargon ๐Ÿ˜€ My browser is Google chrome and not firefox.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# do I need to download this? #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Please install flash! This works only when you have flash plugin... Get flash player from adobe site: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Please install flash! This works only when you have flash plugin... Get flash player from adobe site: #-Link-Snipped-#
    There is no option of "Download" on this page.
    Issue
    There is no option of "Download" on this page.
    Which browser are you using?

See there's a download button there:
    [โ€‹IMG]
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    In my browser I am unable to see that option on the said link.
    Issue
    In my browser I am unable to see that option on the said link.
    WHAT BROWSER??? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    WHAT BROWSER??? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    Google Chrome.

The website says

Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobeยฎ Flashยฎ Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    There is perhaps some different problem that I am unable to attach a file along with my mail on Chrome.

Coming to the same problem, I want the option to browse the file to select it. I am anyways able to drag-drop a file for attachment.
    Issue
    Google Chrome.

The website says
    Oh Sheesh!!! Yeah!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    For general public-
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I too have same problem with Crome in my Office PC. I have tried to solve but now uninstalled Crome and using Firefox.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# can you decode these words of Biggie?
    I am unable to understand a thing.
    The_Big_K
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    by using thunderbird you can connect your mail account with that application after that you've need not to open browser for sending receiving mail you can directly send via thunderbird. And you can check your mail and attachment even you don't have internet connection.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    gf, I am using Chrome and thunderbird is an application of Mozilla. So should I download this? #-Link-Snipped-#
    Issue
    gf, I am using Chrome and thunderbird is an application of Mozilla. So should I download this? #-Link-Snipped-#
    Yeah... And follow these instructions here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Hope this is crystal clear! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    Yeah... And follow these instructions here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Hope this is crystal clear! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Did it. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Understood. I can couple my gmail account with thunderbird by enabling and disabling the IMAP setting ๐Ÿ˜€
    One last query. Now as I open this thunderbird icon, I can see all mails. Is there any option or sign out? Or do I need to click on File and then exit?
    Issue
    Did it. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Understood. I can couple my gmail account with thunderbird by enabling and disabling the IMAP setting ๐Ÿ˜€
    One last query. Now as I open this thunderbird icon, I can see all mails. Is there any option or sign out? Or do I need to click on File and then exit?
    Just see the ร— button on the top right! ๐Ÿ˜€ It is meant to have your mail client... Something like your Inbox of the SMS in your mobile! There's no need to sign out as it is your personal thingy and no one uses!!! Makes sense? ๐Ÿ˜
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    Just see the ร— button on the top right! ๐Ÿ˜€ It is meant to have your mail client... Something like your Inbox of the SMS in your mobile! There's no need to sign out as it is your personal thingy and no one uses!!! Makes sense? ๐Ÿ˜
    Oye, I have a desktop computer and everyone in my family is free to use it.
    Issue
    Oye, I have a desktop computer and everyone in my family is free to use it.
    Don't you have your own username and password to log in? Like here:
    [โ€‹IMG]
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    nope. Will try to do it. Lemme check.
    After clicking on the Start Menu, click on the User Picture Icon on the top.
    Then click on Manage another account.
    Click on the Create a new account link.
    Give a name in the Textbox.
    If you want that user to have all the rights, i.e., installing and uninstalling software, changing the system preferences and all, choose Administrator as the account type, else choose Standard User.
    Click on the Create Account button.

Enjoy!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    What happened? Done?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    What happened? Done?
    Nope. Everyone uses this computer. Let there be transparency.
    Issue
    Nope. Everyone uses this computer. Let there be transparency.
    Fine! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hey is it similar to MS outlook?
    Issue
    Hey is it similar to MS outlook?
    Exactly similar! ๐Ÿ˜€

If you don't wanna use ThunderBird, you can very well use MS Outlook. BTW, Thunderbird is better and easier to use than Outlook! ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the status of owning a franchise? Those I searhed for say the franchise period is of 3 years. But how many of us want to own a franchise...
I remember while interviewing a candidate for the position of Junior Software Engineer, I asked this question: What's your aim in life? . I wasn't expecting any answer, but I...
In TIEcon, I got a chance to hear some famous entrepreneurs who were notoriously dull and boring. When they were explaining about capital funding, I was on the verge of...
Which drivers do I need to install for windows 8 so that I can activate audio in my system? Or what are the other settings I should go for? AbraKaDabra...
We entrepreneurs (and wannabe entrepreneurs) have a tough job of keeping ourselves motivated when the things go wrong. And Murphy's laws govern every move and most of the entrepreneurs here...