Ultimate Newbee

Well I am a returning Engineer... I took a 5/5 year hiatus from the field to "find myself" and ended up getting more lost than I began with.
I am happy to be back, right now working as a technician, but I love the experience I am gaining at component level... feels like being back at school at times... but I am just glad to be back...

I love this site, because I generally just read and never so post, but this site has made me feel welcomed enough to post....

Thanks all

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, Coca 😀 We're excited to have you with us. Unless it's too personal, tell us a bit more about "finding yourself 👍
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am happy to be back, right now working as a technician, but I love the experience I am gaining at component level... feels like being back at school at times... but I am just glad to be back...
    Awesome introduction. Looks like you are really a crazy engineer material.

Welcome to CE. We would love to read more and more posts from you.
  • coca
    coca
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome... Re "Finding myself" .... I started out as a Diagnostic Engineer (fancy title for repair tech if you ask me) for one of the major cell phone companies..

I later got an opportunity to get involved in a Start-up business in Real Estate; which I jumped at, and I did that for some time, Although I was making good money, I still felt like somehow something was missing.

This led me in search of my "true calling" and I became a missionary... I enjoyed being a missionary but I still feel the greatest gift I could give to mankind would be done through Engineering..

Ultimately I would like to create or be involved in the creation/development of something that would greatly impact mankind/humanity in such a way that I would be included in the history books.

So now.... I'm just working my way back, building my confidence and learning things that I wish I already knew... but hey... no regrets, just re-get it... That's my motto.

Thanks ( Hope that wasn't too long winded)

😁
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    :welcome: Welcome to CE, Coca!
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    Welcome to CE😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

TCS is recruiting in campuses and I've overheard a group of candidates discussing that the TCS campus recruiters actually asked few of the candidates to 'dance' in the interview room...
i donot understand the c question... can someone help ? 1. Assume that we can solve the engineering problems to burn coal cleanly and capture the carbon dioxide so that...
Is the book Structural steel work: analysis & design by s.s ray a good one? What do the civil engineers here want to suggest? Please share your opinions.
Failure Analysis of Engineering Structures: Methodology and Case Histories
hi , i want to connect to FingerPrint sccanner with C# application and give the fingerprint(binary) image then save it to my database . who help me?