ULN2803 Question

[​IMG]
I tried to pull-down some device to 0V.
First, using transistor, it's successful. Then I need to interface more than one device, I using ULN2803, but there is a small problem. There are have small voltage drop at pin and ground.

Testing with transistor, when signal low, pin is 1.85V and when signal high, pin is 18mV (~0V)
Testing with ULN2803, when signal low, pin is 1.85V and when signal high, pin is 0.6V.
This 0.6V giving me problem, it should 0V.
Can anybody have propose circuit?

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    0.6V is considered 0V in digital circuits I do not feel it should cause any problems,however you can connect the ground pin to circuit ground through a loading resistor,I hope it will give you 0V,by the way does this small voltage drop affecting your circuit operation.
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    Yes, this small voltage drop affecting my output result. That device converting PWM into current analog (0-25mA).
    By using transistor, I can vary duty cycle and can get max 25mA. By using ULN, this value can't be achieve. It's max is 19mA.

I think to change GND reference. I want to make pin 9 ULN to become -0.6V, so that voltage at the pin become zero.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    You can try that buddy, and let me know ur results however as far as i know you should be using pull-up transistors instead of resistors in case of PWM.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how rotating field is produced in induction motor...and how torque is produced when this rotating field interact with rotor 's magnetic field
Microsoft Windows Official blog post says that 6 months after its debut, Windows 7 operating system powers more than 100 million personal computers globally. That's more than 10% of world's...
Sir, I am working in formaldehyde plant. I want to know on the aspects I need to concentrate and the queires asked in the interviews.
I am a student of B tech, 3rd year in computers from USIT (GGSIPU) new delhi. I am looking for 2 months summer training but unfortunately in any industry or...
I'm wondering whether we have engineers who can code an open source ad-server? I'd love to see CEans coming up with our own ad-server similar to OpenX or Google Admanager....