UK Visa Bond, 3000 Pounds For Indians Traveling To Britain - Justified?

So, UK thinks that India, Nigeria, Ghana, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are the countries that cater to 'high-risk' visitors. UK will go ahead with a pilot scheme and it's already caused outrage. Those who don't know what it works as follows-

1. You'll have to deposit the amount in return for the visitor visa for stay up to 6 months in UK.

2. You'll get the money back if you return within 6 months.

Applicable only to those who're seeking 6 month's visitor Visa.

Do you think the actions of British government are justified? How do you think India and other countries should react?

Replies

• aarthivg
    aarthivg
    I don't find any justification in it. Lot of questions are rising in my mind. I doubt what does the term "high risk" visitor mean to UK Government. Secondly, Why UK has implementing it only for six countries.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well people who are planning a visit to UK are reconsidering it specially students I am sure that UK is loosing a large portion of it's national income in this step

But to them the security concern is higher prioritised than that of income to the nation
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    So, UK thinks that India, Nigeria, Ghana, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are the countries that cater to 'high-risk' visitors. UK will go ahead with a pilot scheme and it's already caused outrage. Those who don't know what it works as follows-

1. You'll have to deposit the amount in return for the visitor visa for stay up to 6 months in UK.
    "High Risk" Do they mean terrorist activities. If yes, how this idea will save them. Depositing amount is not a big deal for any terror group.

If not, I am failed to understand, what do they mean by "High Risk"??

-CB
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Well, UK government, implemented this Bond Visa, to avoid 'over stayers'.

I also heard that, If a person lives in UK legally or illegally for more than 6 years, he will get UK Citizenship. I am not sure regarding this. It could be great, if someone throw light on me regarding this.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Question: Is over-staying allowed at all? Don't they come tracking you butt?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There is a term "illegal migrants".
    There are still a lot of folks in US / UK that over stayed in country by hook or crook, and to my surprise I had seen a few they managed to over stayed for more than a year after their VISA / i94 status were expired.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: The latest news is that UK has decided to scrap the proposed bond. The travellers won't have to pay 3000 pounds. I really wonder whether the European economies are going down the drain that they came up with such a stupid bond in first place. Looking for money everywhere, huh?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well UK learnt it atlast With out Indian students firing in any of their universities they will never be able to find Research apparantices for all their products in research

Well sorry to say but it is true in many fields
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The update is good for me, because my friend is travelling in february and we are really irritated with this bond and stuff to arrange large amount of money. I think UK has to find a way not to let the illegal immigrants to stay there rather charging everyone for travelling. Its a good move finally.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Kaustubh Katdare
    To answer this, I have to quote an example of my friend's friend. They used to give you work permit earlier after your education now its not there anymore. So people who dont get job before Visa expires has to leave the country after education. So people stay back do odd jobs to earn money and they come back.

There is no strict rule in UK for checking for immigration (as far as my friend told me)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The IT slowdown may have hit the IT industry; but I've been hearing that Infosys, which is currently under Mr. Narayana Murthy is all set to make a difference this...
I have always noted that, birds stand on the open-wire of the between two electric poles, but nothing happens to them. Even though very large amount of current is passing...
Found another good article on Opensource, would like to share : https://opensource.com/life/13/7/10-secrets-open-source-communities
LG has introduced pocket sized printer called LG PD233 in Indian markets with a price tag of Rs. 14,990. Those of you who love to have 'hard copies' of their...
Vu 4K TV has been launched in India with a bank-breaking price tag of Rs. 9,00,000. Considering that the rivals like Samsung have launched the 4K TV sets in India...