UID Project Details [India]: All you should know about it

• The UID number will only provide identity: The UID number will only guarantee identity, not rights, benefits or entitlements.
  • The UID will prove identity, not citizenship: All residents in the country can be issued a unique ID. The UID is proof of identity and does not confer citizenship.
  • Partnership Model : The UIDAI will be the regulatory authority managing a Central ID Data Repository (CIDR), which will issue UID numbers, update resident information, and authenticate the identity of residents as required. In addition, the Authority will partner with agencies such as central and state departments and private sector agencies who will be ‘Registrars’ for the UIDAI.
  • The UIDAI will issue a number, not a card.
  • UID number will not contain intelligence: Loading intelligence into identity numbers makes them susceptible to fraud and theft. The UID will be a random number.
  • Online authentication: The Authority will offer a strong form of online authentication, where agencies can compare demographic and biometric information of the resident with the record stored in the central database
  • UID will store basic information like Name/Date&Place of Birth/Gender/Father’s Name/Mother’s Name/Address/Expiry Date/Photograph and Finger Prints
  • The UIDAI will not share resident data:The agencies may store the information of residents they enrol if they are authorized to do so, but they will not have access to the information in the UID database. The UIDAI will answer requests to authenticate identity only through a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ response.
Source: Pluggd.in

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

plz help me, m a ece student of 2nd yr n i wanna make a robo car which can win in races held in diff. institute during there respective tech...
CEans, TiE is hosting the “Enterprising India” summit in Mumbai from Dec 21-23, 2009. The summit is being co-hosted by Harsh Mariwala, Kishore Biyani, KV Kamath, Malvinder Singh, Narayana Murthy...
Hello all, I'm going to send analog signal by GSM modem, after using a PIC, then to receive it by another GSM modem, then display it on the computer, can...
Complaints against the quality of internet services are legion and consumer organisations are flooded with allegations of over-billing, improper connectivity and slow speeds of downloading. The amounts per month involved...
I am an Engg graduate in Computer Science from VTU. I joined engineering by lateral entry,i.e, i joined enigineering after completing a diploma in computer science. i have not done...