Ubuntu Terminal capabilities

Greetings CEians,
So, I am currently involved in building a prototype security system for houses using Linux Ubuntu. Therefore, if anybody is familiar with Ubuntu are welcomed to provide me some basic ideas or links that can help me understand Ubuntu and its Terminal's capabilities because I don't major in this field. Your replies and comments are highly appreciated.

Replies

• PrinceTan
    PrinceTan
    The first and foremost question is, can the terminal control an application or software to do a certain thing?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The uBuntu manual pages should be a good start. I'm not entirely clear about the use of 'terminal'. Maybe you could just use it to run a script to control hardware or software of your choice.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The terminal is just like command prompt in windows, which executes shell commands and system commands.. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My general appreciation for email clients began only a few days after I got introduced to emails. I thought it'd be an incredible idea to have a desktop software that...
It's clear that Samsung won't unveil the Samsung Galaxy S3 at the Mobile World Congress 2012. Samsung has made it clear that the next super phone in the Galaxy series...
India has dethroned Indonesia and became the #2 country on Facebook with over 43 million users. But that's just 3% of the total number of Indians hooked to the Internet....
Naukri.com is India's leading website for job hunt and the company has recently launched apps for the popular mobile platforms including ios & android along with blackberry. Now you can...
If you wish to track your consignments being delivered through Indian courier services viz. BlueDart, First Flight, DTDC, Aramex, Professional, TNT using Waybill or CN number, you can do so...