Ubuntu Phones : Design The Phone. (Open For All)

During November 2013, Mark shuttleworth announced Ubuntu phones but never disclosed the specific date of release.Most critics predicted around 14.04 launch i.e. April 2014,but recently hardly a month ago Mark announced Ubuntu Phones with Ubuntu OS that to be shipped around October end,No! not 2014's but 13's October.
But most of projects tend to delay, so we assume that Ubuntu Phones will be officially shipping around the world during Christmas or Early January - Whatever is it, I am excited !!

The Canonical designer team is working on set of Applications designs guidelines which is about to launch,but 'till then core app developers can get started on some design ideas submitted by the community.

Hey guess what? If you're quite good in designing the phone & the way the software in Ubuntu OS should work - then Canonical needs you !
I bet, if your work will be voted & appreciated by Canonical's team then that will add up one hella dope shit in your resume or maybe Canonical might hire you! - God knows? 😉

So,If you're good at designing core-apps then brush up your skills & read the following link : #-Link-Snipped-#

For Developers : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    November 2013?...😉 Anyways,I guess its a smart move. Canonical has turned Ubuntu in a big brand and its time to take it to mobile market. Though I have doubts, between Android and iOS (Yep, I dont think windows OS is in competition), how will ubuntu survive?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am working on miniature model of steam power plant for laboratory purpose, so that students will get an idea about how actually steam power plant works.But it's becoming very...
Hi, I want to join two L-angles one across each other with rivets.My problem is while placing one across each other L-angles gets overlapped so here at this zone thickness...
sir , i was studying hydraulics ,a bit problem i was facing .will you please suggest me best book for hydraulics which will be benificial.thank you
Hey guys need some help to design a basic PLCC system in order to transfer some audio signals over a 230 v 50 hz power line. Any ideas how to...
I am unable to ping https://extensions.gnome.org/ Can anyone check it out & inform me Asap ? Thank you 😀