Ubuntu For Tablets Announced.

So, finally countdown is over on Canonical website & another good news for Ubuntu lovers. Ubuntu has announced that they'll be releasing OS for Tablets named as Ubuntu For Tablets.
Canonical has promised that Ubuntu ROM will support entry-level tablets to high-end tablets.Canonical also released the entry level specification for Ubuntu OS compatibility :
- Dual Core Cortex A15 Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 7 to 10 inch screen size
- 8 GB storage.

Check out this video for more detail :

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    I guess Canonical is rushing in it. First phones, and now tablets. I might be wrong, but I have a feeling that this plan is going to backfire. They should try to increase their desktop base first.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Pensu
    I guess Canonical is rushing in it. First phones, and now tablets. I might be wrong, but I have a feeling that this plan is going to backfire. They should try to increase their desktop base first.
    I think they're entering pretty late in this market.Canonical should've done this during 11.10 version i.e around October 2011.
    Android & Apple have already glued their ass in this business.They are at mature stage with plenty of Applications & consumers.
    It will be somewhat tough for Canonical to survive in Smartphone business.

Ubuntu desktop is too mature, it doesn't need much more improvement except improvements in unity.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I am not talking about capability. What I meant was user base. They are making good progress in that filed, there are hell lot of ubuntu user now than ever, and I guess they should concentrate on that. Android had the name of Google, and iOS had Apple. It's going to be really tough for Canonical to survive here. Let's hope for the best!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On Monday, Finally public version of Linux Kernel 3.8 is released with many positive changes which is keeping intel developers interested for next Kernel update i.e. Kernel 3.9 For overall...
Nvidia's Geforce GTX TITAN which is built with GK110 GPU (GK110 is said to be closest to graticular limit to present lithography technology) includes : 2,688 CUDA Cores 4,500 Giga...
If the mathematical calculations of Higgs Boson particle is correct, tem billion years from now, the universe will disappear at the speed of light, replaced by the strange alternative dimension,...
i need some information about surge current arrestors. . . . . .
As Energy Efficient lighting is my seminar topic i need to know about it