Typical Anti Virus Problem

Hi Buddies,

I am facing a very critical computer anti virus problem on Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, that is when i boot my pc and startup working on windows that anti virus shows that DATABASE CORRUPTED.

And when I update it and boot my systems again that it shows the same problem and doing it to installation again with the software it shows some problem in Direct Sound sort of thing...but when I check with my audio specifically with Realtek it is working fine. One thing on this point of time I will say that my videos that I play on pc is fine BUT my mp3 format does go well.

And my anti virus installation is very rarely successful...when I tried to use some other company software such as Bit Definder, Mcafee sort....I end up with same sort of problem...

Please help...Is there anything wrong with my motherboard or any other hardware...please guide me.

Regards,

Vibhor Mittal

Replies

• vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Your system might be seriously affected by viruses. So as your antivirus scanner is not working, I would suggest that detach your hard drive from your system, attach it to your friend's pc. Do a full scan of your hard drive using a good updated antivirus.
    The second alternative is obviously to format your system.
    If the problem exists even after formating your system, then the problem might be in your drivers exe files that you install, they might infected. So better download or get a cd for the fresh drivers.
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    Sir,

I have done it all and still the problem exist...Please do guide me...

Regards

Vibhor Mittal
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    As I have said already, install fresh drivers on fresh installation don't use old ones. Before copying any of the old data, do a full scan of those files.
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    vik001ind
    As I have said already, install fresh drivers on fresh installation don't use old ones. Before copying any of the old data, do a full scan of those files.
    I have done already and have gone a step further to format still the problem occurs.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Viruses don't ever affect your hardwares. It might be possible that you bought a defective piece of hardware that is creating problem. In that case no OS will work properly in your hardware.
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    Download Hijackthis and post a logfile here.
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    Guttu
    Download Hijackthis and post a logfile here.

Thanks to all of you, but finally I upgrade my OS from windows XP SP2 to SP3 and things got sorted out.

Regards,

Vibhor Mittal

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to make micocontroller based projects which can be used in daily used!
Hello everyone! I am in my 3rd year doing electronics and telecommunication engineering. I need an economically viable yet interesting mini project. Something that is very basic in its application...
Dear CEans, If you receive any email from your bank with title similar to: *** Bank of India - Please Update Your Internet Banking Account *** , delete the mail...
Hey Guys, Am a computer maniac and i would like to pursue my undergraduate degree in CSE but recently i saw that lots of Universities were offering a combo degree...