types of motors

i am still a beginner in robotics.mostly build level 1 robots.it didnt take me much time to figure out in level 1 bots chance to win mostly depends on the motor used.irrespective of the competition.

So i wanted to know the types of dc motors available in the market(i live in mumbai so addresses where i can get them are absolutely welcome)
And which motor are used for which competition?pros n cons.price.basically any information i can get.hope you CEans Can help me out!

Replies

• Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    There are a variety of motors available in the market. They are available as high torque (low rpm) or high speed (high rpm). For race events, use a 300rpm motor, for robowar 60rpm is best. Get a day off and visit the link road. any motor would cost you 150 bucks at the most. These are called as DC Geared Motors. Play with them for now, then come back for more.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello , i need some help with my project "simple coffee shop billing system = counter billing system". the system should have the menu which is has 3 sub menus...
I want to know the all the sharing files when systems are connected in LAN......by using java program. Any one give me suggestion how it is possible.....?
i am an electronics engg. as my percentage is less(54%), i didnt get campus placement. pls suggest some certification courses which will help me to get a job in electronics...
Hi All,I'm doing 3rd computer science in SIET. I would like to do In Plant Training in chennai. Can anyone suggest some good companies that offer IPT?... Thanx in advance
An engineering student from Mumbai who likes anonymity …i njoy chatting i m really intrested to know how things work….how they were made what was the need……making new things is...