Type of source : current ,voltage

What actually it means from current source and voltage source.
We come across these types of sources in Network Analysis.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Mentioning Network analysis, If at time t=0- (i.e before initial period and t=0) if any current is obtained across inductor; then at initial period time t=0+ the inductor will acts as "current source" (Reason: as per definition, inductor opposes change of current [-d(phi)/dt]; so as some current was obtained across inductor at t=0- and because inductor opposes the change in current, same current across inductor is obtained i.e il(0-) = il(0+) ... which means now inductor will act as Current source)

Same but opposite phenomena happens in capacitor. but at 0- time it acts as open circuit.

Ignoring tern "Network analysis" the simple definition can be understood from here: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_source & en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Current_source
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    current sources and voltage sources are inter convertibles they are the two representation of how the power op of a battery or any storage devices in general
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    A voltage source can be a high impedance source or a source that cannot deliver much current. Many sensors fall in this category. They are used with high impedance sensing circuits for measurement and control. Pressure sensors, thermocouples and such are voltage sources.
    Current sources can give a large current with possible voltage variations.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    you can follow this site to over come your confusion...
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Like all IT students, their dreamjob is to work in google or MS or whatever. Me, being an EC student my dreamjob is to work in Nvidia/AMD/intel. I know how...
Yes the market has slowed and there is global recession, but these are companies that are still growing 15% + YoY and delivering margins in excessive of 20% – both...
How can add a tag line like'life is fun' at end of my replies?
It's 27 September 2012 and Google's celebrating its 14th Birthday by putting a nice animated doodle on their front page. What began as a engineering project for two founders became...
Hey, This is Olivia from Nevada, USA. I'm new here and what i don't know what to say now.