Twitter API Project Ideas

Hi Guys,

I'm currently working on Twitter API for my final year Project. The purpose of the project is : Mining Tweets on various Topics with highly efficient and accurate algorithm and give a complete analysis report on my proposed work.

Though there are various tools and websites which mine the tweets and give a complete analysis based on various criteria, like - .
1) Counting the tweets on the basis of various forms of Emotion.
2) Checking whether the tweet is supporting any individual mentioned in the tweet or criticizing him.
3) Counting the tweets on the basis of various topics (Education, Politics, Sport, Science etc).
4) Analyzing the demographics of tweets posted on any topic (by Age Group, Gender or Location)
and many more...

It therefore, becomes a very simple project. ๐Ÿ˜€ But since it is a research work, I have to work from the scratch step-wise:-
1) Fetching tweets from the net and storing them in a file.
2) Removing the noise (abbreviations, hashtags or grammatical mistakes) from those tweets.
3) Thinking of a criteria on which we could analyse the tweets
4) Develop an algorithm to meet the requirements of the proposed criteria.
5) Obtaining the results from the tweets through the algorithm developed.
6) Making a complete analysis report on the obtained results.

Kinda Data Mining thing which I've got to know and every step requires an algorithmic approach to solve the problem. But it also needs the concepts of Social Network Analysis(SNA) and Natural Language Processing(NLP) works to be focused on.

I'm actually confused how to get started with though I've read quite a lot about Twitter API in the net (I'm bored ๐Ÿ˜›), and even learned Python and Ruby on Rails (they support Twitter API).

Could anyone give me some guidelines regarding this project ??
Any other criteria in your mind in which I could work on ??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moving thread to computer science / IT engineering section for better visibility.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    The_Big_K
    Moving thread to computer science / IT engineering section for better visibility.
    Thanks Biggie .. Hope it works !!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Surprised, there are no takers for this thread? Where's our gang of experts?
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    The_Big_K
    Surprised, there are no takers for this thread? Where's our gang of experts?
    So am I ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • avii
    avii
    I worked on something similar & it's very interesting project. From your post it seems you already know most of the stuff & I don't think you would need guidance ๐Ÿ˜€

Google for these things & there are many article/tutorials available that shall start you :
    Sentiment Analysis
    Crawling tweets
    Natural Language Processing for Sentiment Analysis

There is already one such tool : #-Link-Snipped-# which does all your job. Go through it's documentation. You can use it's API & your project shall be ready within a day ;-)

This is one open source : #-Link-Snipped-#

Some more APIs :
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-# [very powerful too + good documentation]

Some sites which use this concept [just for example]:
    #-Link-Snipped-# [official twitter]
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Love Will Conquer | Interactive 3D Twitter Stream
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Basically you build a dictionary of bad words & good words. And compare the twitter stream & classify the tweets either good or bad. You tokenise the words & parse the tweets through some algorithm which does main work including sentimental analysis.

You should also take care regarding certain expressions which may have swear words but may not be bad, eg :
    CE if F**king awesome

There are many professional tools available, you might not at all need them for basic engineering projects.

All the best ! Hope you find my post useful ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    #-Link-Snipped-# .. Thanks for your response. It is DAMN useful.
  • joti
    joti
    hello @#-Link-Snipped-#
    I am in computer science stream i want the basic information about your project & also want help for choosing the best final year project for me.i m confused which i select.
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    joti
    hello @#-Link-Snipped-#
    I am in computer science stream i want the basic information about your project & also want help for choosing the best final year project for me.i m confused which i select.
    On which Project ??
    If Twitter API, then the complete overview has been given over here already.
  • avii
    avii
    Are mods here !? Why posts not related to threads are being allowed ? Otherwise this thread also will become one of those one liner newbie replies with 'plz hlp me wid dis'
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've removed two posts. We can't really control who comments what and try to clean up stuff. If you wish to report any post that needs mod attention, please click "Report" button and enter valid reason why that post should be removed.

Now back to discussion. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

More than 850 abstracts, papers, and posters spanning a wide variety of research, engineering, and industry multiphysics applications and simulations are available from COMSOL here: https://www.comsol.co.in/offers/conference2012papers/papers/
Engineers!! Am doing my design and fabrication project, simply mini project in engine overheating. My Abstact: In case of engine overheating, vehicle will automatically slow down. A PCB board whose...
I was firstly using avrdude but it is not responding dont know why?. while using extreme burner its showing error "power on failed & cannot connect to the target chip"....
suppose water is to be taken from point A TO point B the level difference from point A to point B is 10.00 mtrs and residual head is also 10.00...
It's strange, isn't it? All these modern tools of communication have actually made us more anti-social than ever!