twisted wires

why the insulated wires used in homes or elsewhere are twisted with each other and are not parallel...........

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Because the Twisted Pair cancel out the EMI(Electro Magnetic Interference) effect.

Chek out here for more detail:- Twisted Pair
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    and the twisted wire adds more strength @ refer National Geographic channel. 😀
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    leakage will be reduced
  • varunkumar
    varunkumar
    The each twist of twisted wires generates magnetic field that is opposite to its neighboring one. That is why the EMI (Electromagnetic Interference Effect) is reduced.
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    they add to the strength and moreover, they keep the average inductance and resistance over the complete run constant

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Two cylinders are press fitted together to form a composite closed cylinder .The outter cylinder is made of steel E=200Gpa,poissions ratio=0.29 and yeild strength 1990mpa and inner cylinder is brittle...
Hello Crazy Engineers,this is Manu from Bangalore. My passion is automobiles[Motorcycles] and am actively involved in most of the biking forums.Found CE when i was goggling. Name: Manu bhat Engineering...
[video=youtube;JOumVHrHDEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOumVHrHDEM&feature=player_embedded[/video] It's pretty simple. Open that web file into Google Docs Viewer and then hit Ctrl + P to print it as a PDF. 😀
I just read it on a blog and I think this is a good debate topic.😒 CEans, do you believe that modern technology destroyed the soul of humanity?? why or...
Technitium MAC Address Changer File Size: 1293 Technitium MAC Address Changer allows you to change Media Access Control (MAC) Address of your Network Interface Card (NIC) irrespective to your NIC...